can we have basic porting term thread?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i am good with a burr grinder as i am a boilermaker and do pressure welds in power plants running on right is the key to smooth and accurate our waterwall boiler tubes have a 3/8 inch spacing so things are a little tight when welding plus we buddy weld where we pass the arc off to have a continuous weld

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One thing I learned the hard way was to put a bevel back on your ports! I have been using the pink stone being held by the tweezers.

View attachment 9854
Get a Dremel diamond bit assortment. You can run around a jug in about 5 minutes. I always use some emory paper on my finger afterwards too

jmssaws

Banneded
Local time
1:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I have no problem making my grinding look good. It's the "where and how much" that I'm gonna be working on for awhile. Lacking in the r & department for awhile still
It's very easy and inviting to grind to much,most of the time a little in the right place is plenty.

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I do agree there... I would say... 50 hours study research time, given u are somewhat experienced... to each 1 hour porting time. lol. you can always take more off, but if too much pretty hard to put back.
The putting back is kinda hard ....lol [emoji200]

Zoo City Sawz

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have no problem making my grinding look good. It's the "where and how much" that I'm gonna be working on for awhile. Lacking in the r & department for awhile still

this is my delimma also i have the tools to do the work but the where and how much is the problem