High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Bulk chain reel storage arrangement

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
just curious as to how you guys store your bulk chain reels and what you use to break them?

I currently have the reels just sat out on the bench near a standard breaker, but I'd love to find a way of hanging all the reels on a mandrel on the wall and figuring a way of breaking chains vertically.

Show me your setup chaps!

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
11:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
this would be great
rolls are a pain to handle , and when you have 7-10 that you use regularly it is just cumbersome to get out the roll you need (always behind the others on the shelf), take it to the bench to measure and break and spin
I am envisioning some sort of segmented bar that hangs overhead out of the way with a breaker that rides on a horizontal track mounted to the wall beneath the rolls, so it moves to the roll you need to break and has an integrated link counter for drive links like the counter on the wire cutter at the hardware store.
Pull chain through breaker till it hits 72 DL and use the breaker.
Utopia!!

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
this would be great
rolls are a pain to handle , and when you have 7-10 that you use regularly it is just cumbersome to get out the roll you need (always behind the others on the shelf), take it to the bench to measure and break and spin
I am envisioning some sort of segmented bar that hangs overhead out of the way with a breaker that rides on a horizontal track mounted to the wall beneath the rolls, so it moves to the roll you need to break and has an integrated link counter for drive links like the counter on the wire cutter at the hardware store.
Pull chain through breaker till it hits 72 DL and use the breaker.
Utopia!!

You guys that fabricate some cool *s-word on this site - take note! I'm sure some of you clever suckers could come up with something like this, and you already have two orders :D

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The rod for the rolls of chain needs to be separate short rods to prevent bending under the weight and to allow you to remove the empty roll in the middle of the row without unloading all the rolls off of one end. The rods should be modular and purchasable individually so you can expand as your needs change.
Dave

Brian Brady

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
just curious as to how you guys store your bulk chain reels and what you use to break them?

I currently have the reels just sat out on the bench near a standard breaker, but I'd love to find a way of hanging all the reels on a mandrel on the wall and figuring a way of breaking chains vertically.

Show me your setup chaps!