Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
10:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chain build-off, all are welcome!

I’m hosting another chain build-off, little different this year. Only rule is the keep chassis work to a safe level, I don’t want chains breaking!

Chains this year will be 72DL 3/8 .050 to be ran on a muffler modded and carb swapped Solo 681 with an 7 pin and a 394 ported by Mathew Olsen with a 8 pin. I’ll attach videos of saws below. Saws will run in a 16”x16” cant (thinking pine). Dave Smith is running the saws to keep things fair and consistent. Footage will go on YouTube. I am only releasing names of the top 25% of entries as I don’t want bench racers talking *s-word to those who perform poorly. This is for fun and all are welcome.

I will give a vallorbe double bevel to the winner, in the past guys sent money to sweeten the pot, that is allowed again. Chains can be shipping back afterwards if you cover the cost of shipping. Date is currently set for late March, that is subject to change a little for whatever reason (shipping, end of the world, etc.) PFA

Videos
Solo:

394:

Time's Standing Stihl

Below me...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Chain build-off, all are welcome!

I’m hosting another chain build-off, little different this year. Only rule is the keep chassis work to a safe level, I don’t want chains breaking!

Chains this year will be 72DL 3/8 .050 to be ran on a muffler modded and carb swapped Solo 681 with an 7 pin and a 394 ported by Mathew Olsen with a 8 pin. I’ll attach videos of saws below. Saws will run in a 16”x16” cant (thinking pine). Dave Smith is running the saws to keep things fair and consistent. Footage will go on YouTube. I am only releasing names of the top 25% of entries as I don’t want bench racers talking *s-word to those who perform poorly. This is for fun and all are welcome.

I will give a vallorbe double bevel to the winner, in the past guys sent money to sweeten the pot, that is allowed again. Chains can be shipping back afterwards if you cover the cost of shipping. Date is currently set for late March, that is subject to change a little for whatever reason (shipping, end of the world, etc.) PFA

Videos
Solo:

394:

Subbed

Will the other 75% know their individual times???

Dolkitafreak

Dolkita686
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, you say keep chassis work to a minimum.
What if.... no chassis work. Only able to touch cutters and rakers. That’d be interesting.
Not to a minimum, just don’t dog bone it until it’s hanging on by a thread, if Dave is too scared to run it then it won’t be ran, if my Solo takes a hit to the tank from a dog boned chain I’ll cry. Winner last year didn’t have chassis work so I’m gonna let it happen! ;)

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, you say keep chassis work to a minimum.
What if.... no chassis work. Only able to touch cutters and rakers. That’d be interesting.
I’m just going to tweak a loop I use for firewood’n. 394 don’t care about a few ounces here and there, right? :lunchacos:

Let’s get started. He said pine right?
F6E13D4E-528C-4C10-B124-18FCBB0BF9D0.jpeg
Shootin’ for a bit more beak. #filecrumbsmatter. :loel:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not to a minimum, just don’t dog bone it until it’s hanging on by a thread, if Dave is too scared to run it then it won’t be ran, if my Solo takes a hit to the tank from a dog boned chain I’ll cry. Winner last year didn’t have chassis work so I’m gonna let it happen! ;)
Put tank guards on the saws and run the sketchy chit last.
DD has three pairs if chaps, just sayin'

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag