Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Edit; I have one on the way.

I am looking for a wall or bench mounted chain grinder similar to the one in my picture. If anyone has one similar they would be interested in selling, please let me know. I can pay via postal money order or some other method, but I don't do PayPal anymore.

20220522_173642.jpg

I believe this one was an Efco, with the reversing motor. I am open to anything in good shape.

I had this one for about a year, but it was "gifted" to me by a neighbor that I had a disagreement with recently. He had been trespassing all over the local area with his saw and loader tractor, cutting down dead trees for firewood without the various landowners permission. This brought conflict to my home, as the neighbors who lost their trees began yelling at me for it for simply associating with this individual. I confronted him about it, and long story short I no longer have a grinder in my shop. Sometimes standing on principle has consequences, oh well!

Edit / update; Wife has ordered a tecomec super jolly as a birthday gift to me from my boys. Not sure how to edit the title prefix to Found it, but I'm working on it

Last edited:

karrl

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I’m probably going to grab one of these when I get my next paycheck. Exactly the same as the old style 510 Oregon, no frills but good vise and full size motor. Philbert and another member turned me on to this deal. If you add a 20 dollar led shop light to go above it you’ll be back in business.

Firewood Hoarder

Just a firewood hack
GoldMember
Local time
2:50 PM
User ID
Reaction score

I’m probably going to grab one of these when I get my next paycheck. Exactly the same as the old style 510 Oregon, no frills but good vise and full size motor. Philbert and another member turned me on to this deal. If you add a 20 dollar led shop light to go above it you’ll be back in business.

I have a friend who owns the tecomec super Jolly grinder with the hydraulic clamp. The grinder quality seems great, and I've considered buying that one or the model you linked.

I figured I'd give the wanted ad a week or two before I pull the trigger on a new one. I have plenty of good, sharp files for now, so I can afford to be patient.