3:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked it. Nice job.

Length was good.
Camera angles were good
Lighting was dark a few times.

Showed the process well. Informative and to the point.

On the 2 saws were the timing numbers the same and the main difference in power the muffler covers?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last time I was in Leslie I wrestled on a Saturday afternoon . . . but things may have changed in 21 years.

We used to have local "tough man" contests when I was a kid. Mainly it was loggers and mill workers but a few of the railroad guys got in and did pretty good.

A lot of it was guys settling workplace beefs - a few of them really beat up on each other. A lot of them were able to shake hands when it was over.

Here it is... let me know good/bad/ugly.

Great video Mr. J. - I felt like the amount of you talking was just about right - enough to keep me interested but not enough to put me to sleep.

Maybe like some of these guys are saying - on more technical videos, a multi-part series would be better. I don't think you want to go more than 22-25 minutes per vid.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
12:15 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Personal, and it’s just me, an 881 tear down, ins and out video is cool as hell! A lathe set up video is awesome, and porting ins and outs is badass. The dyno before and afters at sweet!
Personally, not trying to step on toes, but I would stick to what make you unique…the dyno, and your excellent work on it! Not every saw need a full run down on the process, if you want to that’s great!
Your doing a great job! Personally a shorter video of the results, with a little background info is all that’s needed. Don’t give away all your info, or do that’s up to you. You can do whatever you want! It kinda depends on your end goal? Are you looking for internet stardom? Sell more ported saws? Sell more dyno services? Have fun? Share info? Help others build saws? Have ported dyno competitions? Or what? It’s all up you, be yourself and let that be enough! I don’t earn a living with a saw, just play, so my opinion may not be the norm. YouTube is crazy, try several different edits as tests to see wat people like, I am a knob but short seems to be better, try an 881 Edit with only dyno results.. I bet it gets more view, but that may not fit your goals.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I liked it. Nice job.

Length was good.
Camera angles were good
Lighting was dark a few times.

Showed the process well. Informative and to the point.

On the 2 saws were the timing numbers the same and the main difference in power the muffler covers?

I am working on lighting/camera stuff.

Thank you.

The 1 saw was a touch stronger out of the box. I expect it has something to do with being "free" during assembly.

1.7% peak to peak between the 2 saws. Less than 3% along the curve.

I'm honestly not sure if it could be because of 1 cover vs the other. Not enough of a change to say for sure, without a ton of testing. Chasing 1-2% becomes very tedious.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like this type of video Joe. I'm a visual / hands on learner. I will definitely keep watching as I'm slowly learning this craft. Great job bud.

Could you weigh a pig or two in the vids? Asking for a friend. Lol.

Thank you

Come January when the little ones are born, they may make an appearance or 2...

Personal, and it’s just me, an 881 tear down, ins and out video is cool as hell! A lathe set up video is awesome, and porting ins and outs is badass. The dyno before and afters at sweet!
Personally, not trying to step on toes, but I would stick to what make you unique…the dyno, and your excellent work on it! Not every saw need a full run down on the process, if you want to that’s great!
Your doing a great job! Personally a shorter video of the results, with a little background info is all that’s needed. Don’t give away all your info, or do that’s up to you. You can do whatever you want! It kinda depends on your end goal? Are you looking for internet stardom? Sell more ported saws? Sell more dyno services? Have fun? Share info? Help others build saws? Have ported dyno competitions? Or what? It’s all up you, be yourself and let that be enough! I don’t earn a living with a saw, just play, so my opinion may not be the norm. YouTube is crazy, try several different edits as tests to see wat people like, I am a knob but short seems to be better, try an 881 Edit with only dyno results.. I bet it gets more view, but that may not fit your goals.

Thank you.

I have lots of testing to do on youtube.

I do plan to grow the channel as much as I can.

Informative, entertaining, and nest content. Saws, Machines, equipment, pigs maybe start smashing stuff.....

I don't plan on doing in-depth videos like this on every model. But may be some "new" models etc.

In some time I will make a short results only video and test it.

I will keep testing different kinds of content to see what works well on the tube.

As long as I enjoy making them and people are watching it's a win win. But I had to try at least 1 long video.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
450 was my very first new saw purchase. Not long after I knew I fuked up. Sold it for $2oo and bought my 357 extra pee.

I don't expect much from these 2. But other than the Makita which is going away soon ish. I feel these 6 saws are THE New 50CC crop.

550xp mk2
Ms261c
Cs501p
Husqvarna 450 rancher
Stihl ms 271
5200 China saw

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't expect much from these 2. But other than the Makita which is going away soon ish. I feel these 6 saws are THE New 50CC crop.

550xp mk2
Ms261c
Cs501p
Husqvarna 450 rancher
Stihl ms 271
5200 China saw
@P.M.P. you believe this shìt? He must only want saws that don't suck with 3/8 chain.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

550xp mk2
Ms261c
Cs501p
Husqvarna 450 rancher
Stihl ms 271
5200 China saw

Want me to mail you a pro Mac 10-10? For a dyno run? 54cc