70cc class Dyno day

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
RI Chevy, Red97: yup slippery when wet but cleans very well.

We did 90,000 sq ft 6 times as we started at 20 grit diamonds and worked up to 800 polishing grit.

That was 8-9 years ago for Toronto Airport hangar.

Took a couple weeks.

They did eventually call us back. Their cars and pickups were sliding around and colliding with air craft equipment.

They wanted the polished floor because it would be easy to clean as they want their jet engines and stuff to be completely clean.

Very important.

But the floor became unsafe due to slipperiness.

Took 2 weeks to grind the floor down to I think 100 or 200 grit. Went over 90,000 sq ft 5 times. :rolleyes:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very interesting stuff. My property in upstate NY is a "Bluestone" area. My understanding is that area of NY an PA is the only place in the world that has "true" Bluestone.

Bluestone is a flat, slightly porous stone that is great for steps and walkways because it does not get slippery when wet.

In fact, we built my hunting cabin in an old Bluestone quarry. This gives it some protection from the strong winds, and a circumference devoid of large trees.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
RI Chevy, Red97: yup slippery when wet but cleans very well. We did 90,000 sq ft 6 times as we started at 20 grit diamonds and worked up to 800 polishing grit. That was 8-9 years ago for Toronto Airport hangar. Took a couple weeks. They did eventually call us back. Their cars and pickups were sliding around and colliding with air craft equipment. They wanted the polished floor because it would be easy to clean as they want their jet engines and stuff to be completely clean. Very important. But the floor became unsafe due to slipperiness. Took 2 weeks to grind the floor down to I think 100 or 200 grit. Went over 90,000 sq ft 5 times.
Wow! Must be like ice with a little water on it. Lol

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked at a huge university for 10yrs and we got trained on the 3m diamond polishing pads for slow speeds.
I did a couple of terrazzo floors in entryways . After it snowed it was quite a slippery show with heels and skirts up! Lol

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Send it in. I can turn around dyno runs pretty quick.
Remind me again what it costs? If these runs were affordable, considering shipping both ways, bet more may jump on board with
dynowars-1-1600x400.jpg

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipping is killer :(.

They are just chainsaws too, so charging near car dyno rates seems a bit much:nusenuse:. $75-100 seems common enough for cars based on my limited googling. Not that $60 is a bad amount in person, but I'd rather run 3 saws for $60, or 5 for $100 at an in person opportunity. But it's a $80 round trip before the dyno cost. As cheap as I am, I wouldn't be too eager to spend $100 on shipping and dyno, except for a good reason, like if it was a hot build by Tree Monkey, and the saw was already there needing shipping to me anyway.

Shipping several at once would greatly reduce the cost per saw if you also had a 5 for $100 deal. It would still be $70 per saw if I sent 3 top handles & 2 big saws in one box at that rate. I think maybe cheap enough for pride, but not enough for my curiosity. I like the idea of bringing the dyno to a GTG, I was hoping to see it at the MMWS GTG, you probably would have run 100 saws or more on it.

Oh, and I can't get the thought out of my head of what if USPS looses or runs over my box of 5 saws :crybaby2:

Last edited:

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipping is killer :(.

They are just chainsaws too, so charging near car dyno rates seems a bit much:nusenuse:. $75-100 seems common enough for cars based on my limited googling. Not that $60 is a bad amount in person, but I'd rather run 3 saws for $60, or 5 for $100 at an in person opportunity. But it's a $80 round trip before the dyno cost. As cheap as I am, I wouldn't be too eager to spend $100 on shipping and dyno, except for a good reason, like if it was a hot build by Tree Monkey, and the saw was already there needing shipping to me anyway.

Shipping several at once would greatly reduce the cost per saw if you also had a 5 for $100 deal. It would still be $70 per saw if I sent 3 top handles & 2 big saws in one box at that rate. I think maybe cheap enough for pride, but not enough for my curiosity. I like the idea of bringing the dyno to a GTG, I was hoping to see it at the MMWS GTG, you probably would have run 100 saws or more on it.

Oh, and I can't get the thought out of my head of what if USPS looses or runs over my box of 5 saws :crybaby2:
Sounds like you have a plan. You should build and set up a dyno, then drag it around the country a dozen plus times a year and dyno everyone's saws for $20 a run(it usually takes a few pulls). If he brought it to a GTG and ran it the entire weekend he couldn't get near 100 saws.

Or just tell someone that's actually done it where/how they should run it and what they should charge...

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just my thoughts/wishes, not that I'm right. Joe's the one who knows the cost to pay for, maintain, & profit from such a setup. I just wish the mail man wasn't getting the biggest cut.
Yep, end goal is to help Joe make money with this thing. That's the only intent I had with my comments.