cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
3:10 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Should run a Stihl 026/260 with 046 carb on dyno. :D

I love the looks I get when the trigger is pulled and the saw screams at 17,200 rpms.

I still have that little saw. Might try a different cylinder porting recipe and a Stihl piston instead of a Highway piston .
I don't like to run my saws over 14k:angel2:

P.M.P.

Stiff Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a real one that's all stock and about 4HP, has a nice powerband. It out cut my 346xp NE with ease. Will be interesting to see what it does.

View attachment 317134
G5000 rocks with all the knockoffs it's easy to find parts if needed. Also you can get a open can muffler instead of going the trouble of messing with the original. That jap steel is no joke .

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
G5000 rocks with all the knockoffs it's easy to find parts if needed. Also you can get a open can muffler instead of going the trouble of messing with the original. That jap steel is no joke .

TBH the muffler does not seem the least bit restrictive on this stock saw. Maybe one of the reason it runs so good. It can lay the smack down on a Dolly 5100 and the powerband it great for doing light work. You get the instant RPM for limbing and solid muscle when you bury the 18" bar. No plans to change it as I have a ported 346 that runs 3/8 like a champ if i need more beans in a 11# saw.

Last edited:

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love that punch press. Reminds me of my previous job when I used to work in auto muffler manufacturing. We have old style Brown Boggs presses from 5 ton up to 80 ton.

They work well at cutting and shaping parts in dies.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You still gonna click on it ain't ya....??? Yep you gonna push that button...
Ain't a bigger lover of spectacle than me. I'll be there.
Yup cuinrearview’s finger is hovering over that button. He just needs that push in his mind to drop it on the keyboard....
Nope. No push needed. My only hope is the regulars don't show up asking how much lighter the saw is with jug A/B/C or asking him to dyno each jug with whatever mix of farmer Jones mods they fancy. Or the ones questioning his business model. I just love sitting back and appreciating what ol' Joe gives us.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
550 MK2 is strong.

I'm interessted to see my MMWS 572 on the Dyno. But would be around 160 Bucks only for sending it and back.. plus your tax... to Expensive and the Saw makes Holliday for 2 Months lol.

But have you run ported 572's?

Yes a few 572 have been on the dyno. High 7 - High 8 to range.