Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
12:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So
Is the DYNO averaging out the runs of same saws? Or is it that some are just stronger than others???

That was an entirely different saw.

When I open the program, it has the last run up. So the new run will save under the old name unless I change it.

That was what happened their. Diff saw same name.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
LMFAO. You're so serious Dominick. Relax bud. It's all good...
Of course they don't fall out any more. They're using Stihl screws now...
I'm as serious as a rubber chicken or a whoopee cushion these days lol someone has to give you some crap back sometimes.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice job on the 661, really gained a lot more torque than stock. 395 won’t turn up in rpm for you?

Stock coil.

For some reason I swear they are limited...
Hmmm....

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stock coil.

For some reason I swear they are limited...
Hmmm....
No limited coil on them. It should be able to lean it out sky high past 4 stroke. The carb has limiters on the screws though... you deleted those I’m sure though. How far out on the screws are you from seated?

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ran mine out of gas today to prep for porting (I don't like gas fumes or the chance of a line spraying everywhere as I try to stopper it). It revved way high as it ran out of gas, I let off the throttle because it sounded like there was no limiter.

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No limited coil on them. It should be able to lean it out sky high past 4 stroke. The carb has limiters on the screws though... you deleted those I’m sure though. How far out on the screws are you from seated?

I guess I'll have to try again. Ran a bunch of mtron before it, must have just over looked trying to get more rpm out of it.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You guys are really making me regret the 395 altogether! The day I was paying for my tractor I saw the brand new 395xp on the counter, and I asked about it and they gave me a discount since it had been kicking around so long. I felt like $999 out the door was pretty good since it came with a 28" bar and chain, I planned on using it for milling since day one.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
9:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You guys are really making me regret the 395 altogether! The day I was paying for my tractor I saw the brand new 395xp on the counter, and I asked about it and they gave me a discount since it had been kicking around so long. I felt like $999 out the door was pretty good since it came with a 28" bar and chain, I planned on using it for milling since day one.

I would get your 395 ported and call it good. They're a great saw and much stouter in construction than many others, including the 661. I rebuilt a 661 last year and I was quite
disappointed in how flimsy they are. They run good but the crankcase is very thin and light - several timber faller buddies have already broken crankcases on their 661s.

If you get the opportunity later to pickup a good condition 084 or 088, those are also excellent milling saws - the 084 crank seems to hold up better than the 088/MS-880 crank though.