X-mas giving thread

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I saw some activity on ass-hat site in th x-mas giving thread. It reminded me of some things I have that I could offer up if we can get some interest going over here. So... Just wanted to say I'll be offering my items this year on this forum if there is a similar thread. (and hopefully there won't be any horders claiming most of the items)

Derf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, well I hope I wasn't offending anyone, but the other site has a reputation.

The Christmas giving thread is all about handing out good karma around the holidays when people have a big heart. It was a great idea, but unfortunately it is difficult to enforce good-natured rules. Ideally there would be an equal number of people offering things to people asking for what is offered, but sometimes people get carried away "claiming" as much free stuff as they can. Smart-phones with instant thread notification via apps made it so some people were squatting on the thread and asking for most of the items for themselves before others even had a chance to ask. Maybe I'm confusing you if you still don't know what the purpose of it all was.

The idea is that many of us have collected more than we actually need over the course of the year, or find ourselves with spare parts that we no longer want. It is possible to sell this stuff on eBay or craigslist, or even the classifieds on here, but some of us want to give back to the community that brings us so much enjoyment throughout the course of the year. So if you have something you don't need or want, usually chainsaw related but not always, you offered it up for free, or for the cost of shipping. Loops of chain, files and jigs, spare chainsaw parts, custom dawgs, axes, safety equipment, mix oil, gas cans, whole chainsaws (working or in pieces), projects (often saws), and other sundries were offered up.

It allows items to go to good homes where hopefully they will be appreciated and used. It usually runs from Thanksgiving to New Years.

Last year I received a very sturdy belt (gun belt), and gave a 372xp wrap handle and 372xp side cover. The year before I got three splitting wedges and gave two axes.