Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Philbert's correct: The price we had before was an introductory price, and something I made sure was clear at the beginning of this thread as to avoid any misconceptions. The reason we had it at a low price was to allow us to interact with our customers and to make some progress on the FP1000. We felt one of the easiest solutions was to simply include the CBN wheels with the FP1000 in order to avoid some of the issues we were seeing with the grinds that were being produced (this happened when users took too big of a dig on their grinds, thereby warping their grinding wheels). After all, if the wheel produces a poor grind, there's no point talking about anything else. we also felt it was about time we brought this up to about where we'd like to sell the FP1000 at, so adding the entire line of CBN wheels was a good way for us to make it a bit more appealing to customers like @MarkEagleUSA who might have noticed the price increase. As we make changes, this price might also be subject to change.

As much as we'd like to have sold it at the low price, in order for us to continue to do what we're doing, we have to make a buck too. Please note that we use some pretty sharp pencils to make sure our customers get the most out of their money without sacrificing the quality of the product, while at the same time we have to be able to pay for our employees and their families and also keep the lights on.

Thanks for your understanding.

I agree about the wheels, they do make a lot of sense for a machine like this.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just received the replacement unit from Temco today. I can read the numbers and hash marks now with glasses and a flashlight, which had been this way to begin with would have been acceptable. Seeing that I am not going to be changing this a lot or at all, not a big deal, at least I can set it up properly from the get go which I wasn't able to with the original unit. Thanks to @GunTemco for helping with making this happen.

IMG_20190730_201524048.jpg

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What’s your favorite grinder philbert?
I posted my comments above (Posts #184 - #186) and in other threads. Different grinders can work for different people or different situations. It has become an odd interest of mine. Still a lot that I have never tried!

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bump

The Temco FP100 is back to $349, with standard wheels, on eBay.

The set of 3 CBN wheels is being sold separately on eBay for $115.

Philbert

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipping costs and estimated customs fees to Croatia are just too damn high. :confused:

I'll keep filing my chains - for now.

peeworm

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I know its been awhile but I have misplaced my manual and was wondering if anyone had it where it could be downloaded

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
TEMCo's website says it's been discontinued. Is it now only sold under the Timber Tuff brand?

https://temcoindustrial.com/shop/forestry/chain-sharpener

TemCo itself isn't even open for business being in California.
Timbertuff doesn't show it on their site.
All of the other Timbertuff products I've seen have been Chinese in origin.
There's still some stock out in stores yet.
The price point is roughly the same as Temco for the Timbertuff.
Maybe Temco made a deal with Timbertuff?
Or, did Temco get knocked off?
Some mystery remains.
Mine is still chugging along, am pounding twenty or so chains through it currently.

Last edited:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it now only sold under the Timber Tuff brand?
If you work through the related threads, this product appears to have been sold under several names. I am not certain who ‘the original’ is /was.

Around here, I still see the Timber Tuff version listed in one of our farm stores. Although, I do not see the CBN wheels listed.

Mine is still chugging along, am pounding twenty or so chains through it currently.

Great to hear it worked out for you!
What size/pitch chains?

Philbert

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you work through the related threads, this product appears to have been sold under several names. I am not certain who ‘the original’ is /was.

Around here, I still see the Timber Tuff version listed in one of our farm stores. Although, I do not see the CBN wheels listed.

Great to hear it worked out for you!
What size/pitch chains?

Philbert

24" long, 3/8" Pitch chisel tooth.