Holiday Giving Thread

moparnut88

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No fuel shutoff valves on those vehicles?
Just wondering.
My old tractor got one, it's mechanical therefore almost impossible to fail.

Apologies for aiding the derail!
It has nothing to do with the fuel the problem is the turbo failed so the engine was running on its own oil out the turbo until it runs itself dry. On way to stop them is choke them out somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JonCraig

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Turbo fails, engine injests oil from turbo, engine diesels on oil.

With nothing controlling the quantity of air/fuel, engine often “runs away”—revs to a very high rpm. Will continue to do so until it runs out of fuel (oil, in this case) or air (like if someone has the ability to choke it out). Or until it grenades.

Search YouTube for “runaway turbo diesel”.

I’ve only seen it once, and I wasn’t gonna be the one to get close enough to try and choke it out. An engine is cheaper than losing an arm or finger or your life.

Edit: moparnut beat me to it.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It has nothing to do with the fuel the problem is the turbo failed so the engine was running on its own oil out the turbo until it runs itself dry. On way to stop them is choke them out somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Turbo fails, engine injests oil from turbo, engine diesels on oil.

With nothing controlling the quantity of air/fuel, engine often “runs away”—revs to a very high rpm. Will continue to do so until it runs out of fuel (oil, in this case) or air (like if someone has the ability to choke it out). Or until it grenades.

Search YouTube for “runaway turbo diesel”.

I’ve only seen it once, and I wasn’t gonna be the one to get close enough to try and choke it out. An engine is cheaper than losing an arm or finger or your life.

Edit: moparnut beat me to it.
OK, got it!
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No Diesel nor turbo in my humble vehicle, thus the topic is rather unknown to me.

EDIT:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diesel_engine_runaway

Last edited:

Yukon Stihl

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had the injectors changed in my 671 Jimmy,it was in my tandem axle fuel truck in my shop with fuel on board.
It started and ran real nice for about a min then started to raise in RPM The mechanic had a piece of plywood that he tried to cover the air cleaner with once it really stared to race,it did nothing.I raced to the other side and spun the fuel filter off...my head just a couple of feet from the side of the motor.
Best Adrenalin rush i ever had,all i could think of was this truck exploding in our business and catching fire.
He got it set right the next day,that was pretty tense firing it up that time.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had the injectors changed in my 671 Jimmy,it was in my tandem axle fuel truck in my shop with fuel on board.
It started and ran real nice for about a min then started to raise in RPM The mechanic had a piece of plywood that he tried to cover the air cleaner with once it really stared to race,it did nothing.I raced to the other side and spun the fuel filter off...my head just a couple of feet from the side of the motor.
Best Adrenalin rush i ever had,all i could think of was this truck exploding in our business and catching fire.
He got it set right the next day,that was pretty tense firing it up that time.

I like your style! And put a mudflap on that plywood to act like a gasket.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
At the close of this Thanksgiving Eve, the Holiday Season is officially upon us. As with past years, the generosity this year has been nothing short of amazing. From secret saw builds, anonymous parts shipments, to raising funds for those in need. It has all been fairly spectacular.

Now is the time when we all get a chance to participate in giving, by offering up items we have at hand that may be more readily useable by another forum member.

There isn't any obligation to participate, but please be considerate to all members of this forum, and only claim the item if you can readily utilize it.

Also, please limit how often you call "Dibz", as multiple calls are unfair to those who don't have the time to "circle" this thread.

If a person donating items would like to have shipping costs covered, please make mention of it when item is posted.

Here are some items I have to send to another forum member.
View attachment 97986
NOS Windsor MRA 660A9 tips, these are for the smaller Windsor RSN bars.(3)

A set of 372 felling dawgs.(Gone)

A 404 063 SugiHara saddle tip.

A new low top filter for 362,365, 2165, 371, 372.(Gone)

NOS Oregon D176 Echo bar. 16" 3/8 050 (4) help with shipping would be great on these.

@Jon1212 i received the saddle tip for the Sugi today. Appreciate the heck out of it!! Thank you.