Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
7:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was going to say it was good to see those kids get what they deserved for teasing an animal!

I must have only had access to the Readers Digest version of the video because all I saw was one little girl doing sign language, and one girl wanting to give the monkey food. The teasing part must have been in the unedited version that you had access to.

With that said, I wouldn't like to be in a cage, being stared at all day either. I'd be grumpier than I already am. Human prisoners like to throw poop on their captors too, for no reason.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:55 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Get some cool bumper stickers made up
For the forum.
funny-bumper-stickers-feat-1-620x400.jpg
if your stopping at moms house you need to do it more often

Slacker

Stihl working Hard

Is it Friday yet
Local time
8:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Some great suggestions coming up here
how about if a sale goes wrong on either side then that deserves a big repped
And who ever didn’t fulfil there end of the bargain then they should have some form of a black mark that’ll refrain from buying and selling for a while

Disappointed no mention of farm animals
Some builders don’t rent pigs:eek::risas3:

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Yeah the little mute girl was really antagonising it with her sign language.
:monoloco::monoloco:
Too much "Family Guy" for those little girls.

Went with my buddy to pick his boys up from school. Teacher called for about his sons inappropriate comments.
They were about 5 and 10yrs old at the time. I could see he was just laying into the little guy as they walked back to the car. He was telling him how 'something' was a VERY inappropriate thing to say. He told me the teacher said he told someone he was going to rape them. Brent finally settles down for a while and then he said...." And no more watching Family guy either.:eek: The older boy laughs. He said "That's not funny....that goes for you too.
How could you not see that coming?

Another buddy came to own a big orange male Tabby cat. Well the People moved down the street but the Cat just walked back and wasn't interested in leaving so it just became their cat. His step Daughter was trying to get me to point at the Cat. I am asking WHY? WHY? She laughing and saying "do it! Just do it"! So she ends up pointing at this cat from about 7ft away and it gets up on its back legs and charges. It comes in boxing and biting. I tried it a few times. It had no fear. It came back and attacked me another time shortly after when I was on the floor and wasn't looking. That was definitely it's 'hot button'.
I have thrown down over fingers in my face too. The cat and the monkey obviously see it as a threat too.

With out a doubt there would be VERY strict rules in place about feeding animals also. Not the best parenting going on.

Last edited:

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I still say the buyer needs to educate themselves before hurrying up into a deal where they take one in the ass
I also feel that the builders here don’t need to solicit their work because their work speaks for them
Like a Resume If you are applying for a position one tends to be to modest and the interviewer has to drag your experience/abilities out of you. The flip side is the person reading the resume and doing the interview doesn't want a blowhard /no nothing hindering the employer...and the circle/cycle continues

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the main goal here is to PREVENT another jms catastrophe!!! So no one else gets victimized by a builder who lies, cheats, steals and eventually screws members over.
Some members still have never received their saws or parts back from him. [emoji57][emoji17][emoji52]

Sad thing is people are still sending him saws...

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think the main goal here is to PREVENT another jms catastrophe!!! So no one else gets victimized by a builder who lies, cheats, steals and eventually screws members over.
Some members still have never received their saws or parts back from him. [emoji57][emoji17][emoji52]

right and another thing that needs brought out in conversation is what will be oem and what will be aftermarket

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Which is another reason I think it is important to ask around and hang out with a few friends on here to get to know them. If someone creates a post looking for someone to port their saw, a few people usually throw out some popular names and the transaction goes smoothly

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
JMS was not the only one (just the worst). I remember a guy named Moody offered to port my 362 for free … luckily I thought better of it and ponied up and sent it to Randy. Yea it took a while … but I still have it and it still runs good!

Hence my Dad's old saying: "Quality will be remembered long after the price paid is forgotten"

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

How about the $1500.00 064 firetrucking catastrophe? Hell, I got $50.00 into that one myself. Did the builder get a chance to make and adjustment to the saw? Firetruck no, right back to *s-word bird Missouri it went to get re-firetrucked.
Hasn't been just the builders doing the long stroking around here. I got no problem with holding people to their word as long as it's all people and not just some. If you make hard on one group of folks the other group of folks will soon see an opening and take full advantage, they're out there and they're waiting for the next opportunity to come along.
There's only going to be so much policing that can be realistically done, if someone is on the mission to scam someone it's most likely going to happen, but with the good folks around here it's also not likely to happen again and again either.
So either lay down the law for everyone, or for no one to follow is all I have to say.

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
12:55 AM
User ID
Reaction score
They have set up a customer forum for "Saw porters wanted"
Dave is running a mock thread .
Ideas started to pop after viewing for a minute. Some of it is a double edge sword. Like what I think @Stump Shot is saying? Its 100℅ all site intervention or next to nothing. Next to nothing seems to be better .er..um...until its not. It is likely best to have a select list with a site certified status that shows up on each post and on their profile with a Moto such as - stay safe go site certified ...er something to that effect.
Also have 'this' written on the site in obvious PLACES. Put a note in the rules, out in the inbox welcome message upon sign up as well the sign up email conformation.
The rest is to bad so sad if they get burned.
You can only help those that will help themselves. If they are an the site then they can read. No excuse, no pity.

That takes care of the chief complaint that everybody sided with.

In Dave's scenario the customer says they are not in any hurry and have other saws?
Is that the worst case scenario from a builders point of view? This guy could be an attention hoe 'yanking peoples chains?' (no pun) You can't have that.
Should the site implement a time for the 'would be' customer to commit with strict rules like DO NOT POST in this sec unless you are ready to deal. But that
doesn't work for intro level. If the guy is greener than Kermit's 'come' then he may find a ported saw isn't his thing in the end? Then where do you direct virgins? Back here to make a thread? Or can it be a two part somehow. IDK? (^^^this thought is more to protect the builders from BS.

If things go ok between builders then let it be

I don't know if anyone is interested in a cap. First come first served and first 3 is a full house.
3 quotes is very standardised by the public for many trades.

2) "The lottery systems".
Now this here would be more site ran if things came down to it. It's certainly not social as the reply would go to an inbox for site administration/ moderators.
I would think you do a numbers cap or time limit and the builders post to the same inbox.
The buyer has less choice but has the protection of site certified builders.
Standardised price lists agreed on by all. Builder ' trade offs for better suitability due to location or saw preference . The winner can pass it on and take buddies next one.
How do you win...you ask?
"Rock paper scissors" Is there really any other way? No....not "pants off dance off.
Pick a number game.

3)The Union system:
Same construction as 2) but it's just goes down the list to the next guy.

I am not married to #2 or #3 but where do you go if people don't play nice with the other kids.

Last edited: