Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
3:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's fine, but what about new members that don't know about the work around to the broken search function?

I use Tapatalk 99% of the time because there's no high-speed internet around my house. Any extra steps to do a search is frustrating.

Why fix your car to drive to work when you can just call Uber?

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
9:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sounds like a great Idea. More sections to create more segregated little groups. It would be nice If we had more opportunity to be addressed as a troll. Google is another great idea. Fantastic isolated activity and you don't have to start a thread or even post to anyone. I mean you can't beat that.
Orrrrr can you? Maybe we can. Why not have segregated GTG's ? Gather peoples info ahead of time such as their site interests & saw trades (if applicable). I mean you could break it down further; Age, ethnic grouping, religion, sex as well different 'unrelated' trades. Then all interested will receive their classification via US Postal Service. You will have a designated arrival time, section and seating . You may end up in your own caged area but that's Ok.

I could see it now
Three life long friends all carpooling from the west coast to go to the GTG . {~Woodstock 2019~}
A Climber, a Faller and a Shake blocker.
They are all bummed out on the long drive about this years festival as they are no longer able to integrate after arrival.
After a quiet 100 miles down the road, it was Jonny who spoke out and said....
"Fellas, I don't care if we go to an integrated or segregated GTG this year,
...Just long as we can go together.

The end
-------------------
Good thread (seriously)
It's a good idea to make a thread about making good ideas.
Some good ideas thus far that could be ironed out into something viable.
I'm being jestful with a little creative writing .
..But most every joke has an element of truth. Maybe a bit of irony about it all.
It's a social site and a fairly small one at that. 'Less is more' If you have a huge living room then you don't put your couches and chairs a long way back against the walls from your TV. No you pull everything in tighter
and make it warming.
I thought the 'suggestion box section on this site was/is a great Idea.
But a far better idea is this thread. It's social and people can feed off each others ideas.
It's something that can be made a sticky and you will get more play than you ever will out of some isolated activity called the ol 'suggestion box'

Last edited:

LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Using Google with a forums name in the search is SOP for every forum I have ever been on.

Forum search features even when full featured are nowhere near as seamless as google.

I don’t use TT though.

That's fine, but what about new members that don't know about the work around to the broken search function?

I use Tapatalk 99% of the time because there's no high-speed internet around my house. Any extra steps to do a search is frustrating.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a great Idea. More sections to create more segregated little groups. It would be nice If we had more opportunity to be addressed as a troll. Google is another great idea. Fantastic isolated activity and you don't have to start a thread or even post to anyone. I mean you can't beat that.
Orrrrr can you? Maybe we can. Why not have segregated GTG's ? Gather peoples info ahead of time such as their site interests & saw trades (if applicable). I mean you could break it down further; Age, ethnic grouping, religion, sex as well different 'unrelated' trades. Then all interested will receive their classification via US Postal Service. You will have a designated arrival time, section and seating . You may end up in your own caged area but that's Ok.

I could see it now
Three life long friends all carpooling from the west coast to go to the GTG . {~Woodstock 2019~}
A Climber, a Faller and a Shake blocker.
They are all bummed out on the long drive about this years festival as they are no longer able to integrate after arrival.
After a quiet 100 miles down the road, it was Jonny who spoke out and said....
"Fellas, I don't care if we go to an integrated or segregated GTG this year,
just as long as we can go together.

The end
-------------------
Good thread (seriously)
It's a good idea to make a thread about making ideas.
Some good ideas thus far that could be ironed out into something viable.
I'm being jestful with a little creative writing .
..But most every joke has an element of truth. Maybe a bit of irony about it all.
It's a social site and a fairly small one at that. 'Less is more' If you have a huge living room then you don't put your couches and chairs a long way back against the walls from your TV. No you pull everything in tighten and make it warming.
I thought the 'suggestion box section on this site was/is a great Idea.
But a far better idea is this thread. It's social and people can feed of each others ideas.
It's something that can be made a sticky and you will get more play than you ever will out of some isolated activity called the ol 'suggestion box'

Thansk.....now I have a headache.

kyle.kipple

Get busy living or get busy dyin...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
X2 on the members map. It doesn’t need to be mandatory for all but an option each can chose to or not reveal. Same with builders. Also for the builders a quick bio or a brief up front summary answering some common questions that y’all are frequently answering would be nice.
As for the “points” and rep system...I myself don’t like taking something simple and making it complicated just to get the same outcome. I do however believe some good could come of it with the classifieds.

You said colon [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
X2 on the members map. It doesn’t need to be mandatory for all but an option each can chose to or not reveal. Same with builders. Also for the builders a quick bio or a brief up front summary answering some common questions that y’all are frequently answering would be nice.
As for the “points” and rep system...I myself don’t like taking something simple and making it complicated just to get the same outcome. I do however believe some good could come of it with the classifieds.

You said colon [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We basically already have a map function. If people put there actual location in there profile. If it is a real location all you need to do is click the button and google shows you.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We basically already have a map function. If people put there actual location in there profile. If it is a real location all you need to do is click the button and google shows you.

Already have a rep system too, they're called "likes".

Gentleman

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really would like this too. I'm not sure how it would.....or could work with this forum software. Maybe Dad @Gentleman or Steveo @exCanuck can set something up that can't be goofed up. Remembering the rep system from AS is why we've never looked into it fully.
Have you seen anything like it on another forum that Steve can copy?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not exactly related to this thread … and I'm likely somewhat out of step with most as I'm just getting into how to port things … but an annual sale and subsequent competition on stuff from the past would be kind cool!

Asian 660 w/ Cross P+C

Asian 440 w/ New West BB kit,

etc. Add one every year, but don't drop the past stuff. Likely, the bar would get higher and higher for having a winning saw!

Hey, one more week and I'm a free man!!!