Holiday Giving Thread

Clemsonfor

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
May have been a truck saw. Those can be some low hour saws but they just bounce around in a job box for most of their lives, only pulled if a log is too long...
This is true. I am a forester, I some saws that look trashed but are relitively low hour saws. I have a husky 445 that a logger buddy gave me cause it "wouldn't run right" .

Right there in front of him I looked in gas and dumped it out. It was half full or so of water. The fuel top had a busted spot on corner and was not sealing out rain. It had rode it's whole life in the back of his truck or service truck. Was all oily from hydraulic fluid and hoses laying on it. Scuffed up from bouncing around. I put fresh fuel in it and it ran fine. I said you want it back he said no, keep it. It needed a new wrap handle as the plastic was busted and a new fuel cap was all...well I just found out after years the chain brake doesn't work. But I have just kept it for yard work or a back up, never really used it. It looks terrible but probably has ery little hours on it. Used to trim trucks when there too long or if branches sticking off the side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
9:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am not the original owner, I acquired the saw I’m the pictured condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry. I wasn't implying anything on you. I assumed you were fixing it for someone. [emoji106]

tickbitintn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A quick shot of compressed air goes a long way to cut down on heavy buildup of grunge....
So many peeps are so worried about weight ( power to weight ratios) lightweight bars.etc...... then let shti build up two inches thick on it...

I acquired a husq 50 not so long ago.... Filthiest saw I have ever seen.... I took some pics but that phone went for a swim in a culvert.... It was very cold so I didn't blast it with a hose, instead I put a piece of cardboard under it and went to chipping away at it... I weighed the crap I scraped off it... Almost a pound!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey guys-

I'm resurrecting this thread - I'm giving away the left overs from past saw builds. First up is the Husky 545/550/555/562 stuff I have left over. Hopefully I won't be working on anymore of these saws.

All parts are first come, first serve, and I ask that recipients pay shipping.

New and used base gaskets, good used filter base and transfer port covers off of a 555:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two clutch cover housings and a good PTO side case half from a 562- I would replace the bearing in the case half.

The clutch housings are just housings only - I have some brake guts for these somewhere but need to find them.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Two clutch cover housings and a good PTO side case half from a 562- I would replace the bearing in the case half.

The clutch housings are just housings only - I have some brake guts for these somewhere but need to find them.

Nice way to get this started back up!!

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Awesome. I'm interested for the 562 stuff. Thanks @chipper1 and great way to start off the holidays by rekindling this thread @jacob j.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
4:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got some stuff to give. I'd like to gift 2x New 20" Stihl E bar with matching 36RS 3/8 .063 72DL chain and Stihl Scabbard sets and some olive oil (not for use on the bar/chain). :D

**One to each recipient. May have some more goodies also, but I'll need to look. Receiver will help with shipping. It should be around 20 buckers.

EDIT: 1 claimed and 1 Remaining.

IMG_20181024_142301.jpg

Last edited: