Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a 394 in one time from a logger who said it was gutless it was filthy but ran great good compression. i was at a loss until i tried to cut with it he had worn through the sprocket and it was spinning on the crank new rim barely covered the damage he is still running it now.

raumati01

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got a jonsered 2077 a while back, previous owner told me it had basically no compression. Put it aside to work on it later, got into last week. Muffler off, piston looks good and tight, no scoring.....hmm take off the cover and there's no spark plug. Put in a plug and suddenly I have decent compression and it runs ........:facepalm:

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
7:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last winter my cousin asks me to order up a piston and cylinder for a 372xp, as he found one for sale that had been at the local dealer that was blown. So I ordered up what he wanted and sure enough he brought over a mint looking 372xp sans muffler(mechanic at dealers signature, always something missing from what he can not repair, not the first time I've worked behind him) so I can see instantly, a perfect looking piston, hmm. I also notice a piece of paper that was torn off between the carburetor and the manifold, upon removal, noticed it was a feeble attempt to block it off to pressure test, one could see the impression on the paper that it had missed its mark. So I dug through my junk pile found a muffler, did a proper pressure/vac test, which it passed. Noticed some tygon line in place of the impulse line was kinked, as there is an offset there. replaced it with a proper one and the saw fired right up and ran like the new saw that it was. Felt real bad for the man who sold his saw for $140.00 and bought a brand new one, as the only thing that was "blown" was my mind. My cousin however was ecstatic, and didn't even mind that he did not need the new P&C that he just bought.

Mark71gtx

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:40 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Exactly... I saw another one this week on a coworkers 026. He brought it in complaining that the kill switch wasn't working and the filter cover kept falling off. I slid the cover off and saw a dust covered filter. I pulled the filter and tapped it on the table and saw there was no flocking left. I looked at the carb and it had a pile of dust on top of the carb flap. I bent his spring so it made contact with the kill wire again, cleaned the crap from the carb, and brought him a new filter the next day. I told him the intake side of his piston is likely pretty bad off. He said he will run it until it won't...