Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Great thread, you guys. Makes me feel better about my own maintenance "schedule". Kind of like going to the state fair. I mean, I'm not GQ cover worthy, but a trip the fair can make a guy feel pretty good about his place on the spectrum. :)

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Im traumatised and attracted by this thread all at the same time !!!!
Guess i will have to take pics of this kinda stuff that comes in the shop from now on rather than rock back and forwards at the end of the day chanting " It didn't happen...all fixed now " ! :D

Aciera

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Scotchbrite stacked up for an air filter.......

Folks don't realize it isn't like steel wool where the fiber cuts

The media is sprayed on scotchbrite. You can't tell by looking at it if it will cut.....

But if you use it as an airfilter and the media comes off......worse than my filter.

Owner thought I was nuts. Always worked for him.......yeah.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another victim of saw abuse, 266xp with the amazing invisible on/off switch and wire, scuffed piston and who only knows what the bead of silicone around the top of the case in the carb area is thought to do. Maybe to keep the rat out that chewed the end of the spark plug boot off.

IMG_20161106_185318_858.jpg

Simondo

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Now this is more of a tale than a picture of something wrong...more like ....wrong in the head !!
Last week I had a guy bring in his Husqvarna that he bought new in 2004. He tells me that when he cuts downward the saw binds up but cutting up its ok. Well Yea !!! the bar is so worn near the dogs underneath the rails are not even in contact with the chain links ! That was the first thing that alerted me to this guy's attitude . I mentioned to him that the bar was in a very bad state and also should be turned top to bottom to enable better wear . .."Oh, didnt know that" . Next question...Have you ever had it serviced ?( Its 12 yrs old remember) "Na...all you do is put a plug in it isnt it" . Humm !!!!, so i set out what "MY" service would contain and told him i would get him a new bar but see what the chain was like when i came to sharpen it. He had a second chain that was in a state to so that was 2 chains to go through ..a new bar and a full strip and service.
Upon ordering a new bar i found that he had two 1.3mm .325 chains that he was using...and.... a 1.5mm BAR !!
Oh yea ..all you do to look after a saw is change the plug !!:facepalm:

Last edited:

Czed

Aluminium Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found out why a jonsered 920 a guy brought me kept going full throttle he or his dad had a problem with the choke lever popping out of its socket or whatever you want to call it and they wrapped what looks like electric fence wire around it to keep in position but it unspooled and got caught in the throttle linkage for a heavy saw that sucker sure came alive trying to shut it off yesterday. Had to pressure wash the saw to even see the linkage.edit i forgot to say they removed the kill switch and the choke doesn't work so i rammed it into a log until it stalled.

Last edited:

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Found out why a jonsered 920 a guy brought me kept going full throttle he or his dad had a problem with the choke lever popping out of its socket or whatever you want to call it and they wrapped what looks like electric fence wire around it to keep in position but it unspooled and got caught in the throttle linkage for a heavy saw that sucker sure came alive trying to shut it off yesterday. Had to pressure wash the saw to even see the linkage.edit i forgot to say they removed the kill switch and the choke doesn't work so i rammed it into a log until it stalled.
wow that must have been wild to have going on in your hands!

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Another victim of saw abuse, 266xp with the amazing invisible on/off switch and wire, scuffed piston and who only knows what the bead of silicone around the top of the case in the carb area is thought to do. Maybe to keep the rat out that chewed the end of the spark plug boot off.

View attachment 40099
looks like new model husky to me lol