GoldMember
Local time
9:27 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few cutting videos
@Canadian farm boy is first running the hybrid he built for @dall
then @wcorey is running his maryuma? tuning the top end in the wood - there is some great footage of this little dolmar clone up later
Batting clean up are a trio of gentlemen running Kevin's first MS661 @Moparmyway precedes the two brothers who each take a turn as well (somebody help me so i can call these guys by their names please) I talked to them for at least ten minutes and my mind is blank.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the middle of the day I got a phone call from New York and for some reason I answered it.
Turned out to be a good guy from up at The Cutting Edge who saw me on the live feed and thought he had important information for me.
I am blessed with some great friends, or so I tell myself :)

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Batting clean up are a trio of gentlemen running Julians first MS661 @Moparmyway precedes the two brothers who each take a turn as well (somebody help me so i can call these guys by their names please) I talked to them for at least ten minutes and my mind is blank

That 661 was the first one Scott did for Julian, he had that one for sale ( if my memory serves me correctly)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me ask you guys a serious question.
When you stay in a hotel room in Connecticut, is your doorframe supposed to leak?

When my arm brushed against the bathroom doorframe it got wet.
That seemed odd to me and when i investigated there was water leaking out of the corner and slowly running down to the carpet at the red arrows.
corner.jpg

doorframe.jpg

I have done a fair amount of plumbing in my life and I cant seem to remember how to fix a leaking doorframe, any help appreciated in case I use that same hotel next time.
Dave

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few cutting videos
then @wcorey is running his maryuma? tuning the top end in the wood - there is some great footage of this little dolmar clone up later
Batting clean up are a trio of gentlemen running Kevin's first MS661 @Moparmyway precedes the two brothers who each take a turn as well (somebody help me so i can call these guys by their names please) I talked to them for at least ten minutes and my mind is blank.

I think that was Tim or Tom, and his brother, Eric, malk315 should know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Let me ask you guys a serious question.
When you stay in a hotel room in Connecticut, is your doorframe supposed to leak?

When my arm brushed against the bathroom doorframe it got wet.
That seemed odd to me and when i investigated there was water leaking out of the corner and slowly running down to the carpet at the red arrows.
View attachment 69459

View attachment 69460

I have done a fair amount of plumbing in my life and I cant seem to remember how to fix a leaking doorframe, any help appreciated in case I use that same hotel next time.
Dave
One of these days, a patron is going to have a turd fall on his head when he slams that door

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@malk315 you and @Mattyo sit on that side and @dall and @RI Chevy you sit on the other side, don't make me have to separate you again, I will turn this car around if I have to!!
IMG_9357.JPG

Hey @MustangMike I saw this today and remember seeing it in a customers garage back when i was 19, all original, less than 1000 miles at the time and a 1 of 1 car. He owned a piece of an NFL team at the time, don't remember his name but that 67 fastback 350 Cobra isn't something you forget :cop1:
IMG_9457.JPG

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A few cutting videos
Hey Dave!

That would be my co worker Tom and his brother Matt. They were so psyched they took the time to come to the GTG. In the video Tom ran Kevin's saw first.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In the middle of the day I got a phone call from New York and for some reason I answered it.
Turned out to be a good guy from up at The Cutting Edge who saw me on the live feed and thought he had important information for me.
I am blessed with some great friends, or so I tell myself :)
Oh my God ROFLMAO!

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That would be "Maruyama" Dave, I can't seem to keep the pronunciation straight either and I've owned their stuff for years. Easier to call it the marijuana saw...
And not really a clone, just a relabeled 5105. They recently went up from the $329 deal to $499, must have been selling well.
Heard from a Dolmar rep that it was a one time thing that didn't work out to their advantage so Maruyama won't be getting any more.

I usually can live with limited coils but this thing now runs so close to the limiter it's a pain to tune, think I need to do a more aggressive chain or an 8 pin. Haven't even got a tank through it so still figuring things out.

Something odd I noticed is that the 7 or 8 saws I had at Dan's that I had also run at the NY gtg consistently/obviously all needed to be leaned out a bit, I can think of no explanation. Some still on the same mix, some with fresh.
I don't think my ear changes around that much but I guess stranger things have happened...

Last edited:

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the "almost stock" 066 I brought to the GTG (only had a muff mod) got a timing advance today. Seems to run pretty strong in my little test wood. I have to replace a bar stud and find some real wood for it.

Got to cut up a couple of small dead Ash trees for someone tomorrow, maybe on Friday I can get it is a nice Oak log and see how it really does.

So many saws I didn't get to run I almost want to set up a mini GTG again already!!! Eric's big Husky, Matt's ported 372, Mason's ported 044, Jeff's ported 460, etc, etc. Always a long wish list, never enough time!!!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@malk315 you and @Mattyo sit on that side and @dall and @RI Chevy you sit on the other side, don't make me have to separate you again, I will turn this car around if I have to!!
View attachment 69463

Hey @MustangMike I saw this today and remember seeing it in a customers garage back when i was 19, all original, less than 1000 miles at the time and a 1 of 1 car. He owned a piece of an NFL team at the time, don't remember his name but that 67 fastback 350 Cobra isn't something you forget :cop1:
View attachment 69465
Dave I like Husky and Stihl. Last CT GTG i had a 10 mm 044 I'm working on making mine. Like the 064, 044, and the hybrids Mike CFB builds. I just picked up an MS200T to go with the bucket truck. So don't tell Jeff but im the proud owner of a Stihl saw now. Plan to add more so long as CAD doesn't subside! I would really like one of CFB's hybrids. Tom, Matt and I were talking about the one we ran today... Love the murdered look.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dave said to me Emails are the best for him. Maybe try his email?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk