Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just feel bad for Dan.

A $1000 loss, then a day of cleaning up.

WHEN"S THE NEXT ONE BUD?

His paypal is still there. Guys that came, feel free to donate if you'd like.
Can't throw a party for free...
Gotta be prepared..
Most of the folks that come to mine help in all sorts of ways, but if I decide to host one, I don't plan on it for sure..
And we've had some bigguns..

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve read thru the last few pages & it’s evident there was a Great Time had by All.

It’s also evident many were oblivious to the cost of such a Gathering, for whatever reason.

@Spike60,
I hate you & others are skipping the UpState NY GTG.

While I understand you’re point of view, the reason the Upstate NY GTG has become so Popular is because of the more central location, the continued participation of respected members like yourself, & the coverage over the last few years.

Negative Publicity can’t help things.

The guys @ Cutting Edge do a great job at hosting their GTG, the same as Dan, & I’m sure you did.

I propose we all go forward together with a shared commitment to collectively help fund these GTGs we participate in.

I understand the Fitz’ are working on a more clear method for participants to give.

I’d really like to run that 572 of yours next weekend & chew the fat with you & others that are planning on skipping next weekend’s GTG.

Please Reconsider.

I appreciate the sentiments, and I get what you are saying. The deal with the same date wasn't intentional. It's not like we said, "Hey let's go off and do our own thing." A few of us have been planning a small "themed" GTG focused on the 200 series Huskys for a while. Work obligations and this never ending winter weather had us looking at the 22nd. Only 7-8 of us involved and half the guys weren't going to Greenwich anyway, a couple being a little farther west. But the rest of us didn't hesitate at all to choose doing our smaller event over the big one, which we all feel is getting a little on the crazy side. And nobody could do 2 weeks in a row, so if we didn't grab this date, we'd be looking at sometime in May.

Yes, the Greenwich event continues to grow every year, but there's 2 schools of thought, equally valid, about how long that can be considered a good thing. On one hand it sounds great to say that it continues to grow and there's guys flying in from all over the country to attend. The hobby continues to expand and there is a real solid brotherhood of quality people involved.

On the other hand, at some point bigger is no longer better, and that point was sort of reached IMO last year. There can be no debate that it is certainly different than it was a few years ago. For me the whole thing has gotten little over the top and a little too big, so the appeal has faded. Better to be in a pub with a half dozen guys than in a dining hall with 150. :)

I will miss some of the visits though and it would have been fun to hang for a while. But even last year it was tough to find time to chat with anyone for more than 5-10 minutes and I must have sent and received a dozen, "Gee, I'm sorry we didn't get to talk" PM's. LOL

And the 572 is actually slated to be tied up either this weekend or next anyway. Would have been strange showing up without it. Maybe even dangerous!

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I appreciate the sentiments, and I get what you are saying. The deal with the same date wasn't intentional. It's not like we said, "Hey let's go off and do our own thing." A few of us have been planning a small "themed" GTG focused on the 200 series Huskys for a while. Work obligations and this never ending winter weather had us looking at the 22nd. Only 7-8 of us involved and half the guys weren't going to Greenwich anyway, a couple being a little farther west. But the rest of us didn't hesitate at all to choose doing our smaller event over the big one, which we all feel is getting a little on the crazy side. And nobody could do 2 weeks in a row, so if we didn't grab this date, we'd be looking at sometime in May.

Yes, the Greenwich event continues to grow every year, but there's 2 schools of thought, equally valid, about how long that can be considered a good thing. On one hand it sounds great to say that it continues to grow and there's guys flying in from all over the country to attend. The hobby continues to expand and there is a real solid brotherhood of quality people involved.

On the other hand, at some point bigger is no longer better, and that point was sort of reached IMO last year. There can be no debate that it is certainly different than it was a few years ago. For me the whole thing has gotten little over the top and a little too big, so the appeal has faded. Better to be in a pub with a half dozen guys than in a dining hall with 150. [emoji4]

I will miss some of the visits though and it would have been fun to hang for a while. But even last year it was tough to find time to chat with anyone for more than 5-10 minutes and I must have sent and received a dozen, "Gee, I'm sorry we didn't get to talk" PM's. LOL

And the 572 is actually slated to be tied up either this weekend or next anyway. Would have been strange showing up without it. Maybe even dangerous!

[emoji38] on the 572.

Y’all Be Careful & Have a Good Time.

There might be a warm up: just saying...

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
5:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

On the other hand, at some point bigger is no longer better, and that point was sort of reached IMO last year. There can be no debate that it is certainly different than it was a few years ago. For me the whole thing has gotten little over the top and a little too big, so the appeal has faded. Better to be in a pub with a half dozen guys than in a dining hall with 150. :)

We had a 572 here..
It was nice.. Lol

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Johnny! @Redfin
Looks what I found
7bdba465101fa2db62102b2accc61ef9.jpg

Shall I send it to you? [emoji41]

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is that Jeff after running a Husky?

This post MADE MY NIGHT!!!
Jeff only WISHES he had a 262. Nahhh... Jeff's not worthy LOL.

Don't fret Jeff. If things go as planned my next saw is gonna be a Stihl... and it ain't gonna be a little top handle either (MS200T impresses me every time though!) Keepin' it a surprise 'cept for those who might read this that are in the know.