PAST CT Spring GTG May 6th 2017

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
With all due respect to those guys...neither are good at pms. Bob is best with a phone call :) and dd is highly functioning on ebay :)

Yeah, it's tough this time of year. But I'm trying to hit the site at least once a day and keep up on things. I can only check in when I jump on the store computer or the one at home. Not quite a citizen of the "connected world" we now have.

Funny but true story. My little flip phone croaked last year and I went in to get another one. When I told the girl it had died 3 weeks prior, her jaw dropped and she said , "You were without your phone for 3 weeks!" I said, "It wasn't that bad, I had plenty of food and water and I got through it OK." ;)

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, it's tough this time of year. But I'm trying to hit the site at least once a day and keep up on things. I can only check in when I jump on the store computer or the one at home. Not quite a citizen of the "connected world" we now have.

Funny but true story. My little flip phone croaked last year and I went in to get another one. When I told the girl it had died 3 weeks prior, her jaw dropped and she said , "You were without your phone for 3 weeks!" I said, "It wasn't that bad, I had plenty of food and water and I got through it OK." ;)

That's all I got, A little flip phone and it works great. I don't do texting and all that
other crap so I feel no need for one of them fancy phones. All my buddys have them
so i'm good. I even bought a used flippy on the bay for a spare for when this one dies.

Coutu

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's all I got, A little flip phone and it works great. I don't do texting and all that
other crap so I feel no need for one of them fancy phones. All my buddys have them
so i'm good. I even bought a used flippy on the bay for a spare for when this one dies.
The $50-$60/month for an iPhone gets old really quick.

That's like a nice 797 every year now that I think of it :eek:

Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I like each device for what it is. If I'm doing more serious conversation then I prefer my keyboard and home computer. Btw, I'm back up and running in that dept after my 1000w kingwin superdy duperdy power supply pooped out on me last week right before the GTG.

Love my phone to check messages and keep current...which I do throughout the day.

My landline also exists....just in case. I do plenty of calls on it though, and its through basictalk.... $10/mo. cheap enough to keep that number that I've had for years.

back to saws :)

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Couple of old farts......

HAHA HAHA

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guys, Welcome to the 21st century!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

$100 a year for me, and I maybe use half the minutes up. That's what, $8.33 a month. Half the time I don't even know where my phone is. I have NEVER sent a text, and I actually find it amusing that people get frustrated when I say "I don't text", or they'll be griping "I couldn't get you on your cell". Connected world works for some, but I've got more of an off the grid mentality. I really don't want to be connected/accessible 24/7, and unplugging from everything now and then isn't a bad idea. Keep in mind how many times the store phone can ring this time of year, and the idea of more calls, messages, texts coming in................I kind of put a limit on it. Some nights I'm home and I'll even take the land line off the hook.

21st century? Yeah I get it. But some folks are hopelessly addicted to those phones. Can't go 3-4 minutes without checking them. Every minute you spend on your phone is another minute you're not doing anything else. And they add up. :)

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$100 a year for me, and I maybe use half the minutes up. That's what, $8.33 a month. Half the time I don't even know where my phone is. I have NEVER sent a text, and I actually find it amusing that people get frustrated when I say "I don't text", or they'll be griping "I couldn't get you on your cell". Connected world works for some, but I've got more of an off the grid mentality. I really don't want to be connected/accessible 24/7, and unplugging from everything now and then isn't a bad idea. Keep in mind how many times the store phone can ring this time of year, and the idea of more calls, messages, texts coming in................I kind of put a limit on it. Some nights I'm home and I'll even take the land line off the hook.

21st century? Yeah I get it. But some folks are hopelessly addicted to those phones. Can't go 3-4 minutes without checking them. Every minute you spend on your phone is another minute you're not doing anything else. And they add up. :)

Thank you for interjecting some sanity. You are dead right you know......

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tell people all the time that I can fix there phone.
ever just sit and watch people and there phones?
or a young couple on a date?

put the dam phone down and live your life, your missing over half of it. thank me later

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last year my wife & I went to a local steakhouse, and there was a young couple at a nearby table. The whole time they were there, both of them were frantically typing into the phones held up in front of their faces. They never said a single word to one another. We just shook our heads in disbelief!

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who's that stumpin at our tree job #1 today?

cb37e83975f80681d1e255b8fb75ccc0.jpg
abdfbca88264c553dfe567779ff8bf8f.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk