Mattyo

Youtube speciawist
GoldMember
Local time
11:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe bad coil. Wire is brandy new though. I dunno. I have a hard time diagnosing the difference between a bad coil and bad carb....

SOS Ridgerider

Muffler Modded Member
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm very disappointed in you guys, First there are no pom poms on yo hats
and no damn vintage saws. Geeezzzzzzzzzzzzzz guys get with it or am I going
to have to show you how it's done.

Yes, you need to show us...it’s so easy to forget...
Damn it! Pom poms! I knew I forgot something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:cheer:Not on a hat, but.... These are Jeff’s @RI Chevy pom poms when he cheerleads for team Stihl :p I’m sure he’ll share...

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
well, the starter rope looks to be 30 years old... so... yeah. i'm blaming Mason for that one

the clutch coming loose doesn't surprise me...

the busted AM flag doesn't really surprise me either, I have the muff hugely opened up and its pretty tight against the flag. ....which obviously was very cold otherwise.

the 372 being wonky ... well... maybe I kitted the carb wrong, maybe its a bad coil. I dunno. darn thing stalls out mid cut. feels like it isn't getting fuel ... though that can also be an ignition issue.

all of these are super fresh builds. i literally put gas in the 372 for the first time today, as well as the 346xp.

i know i know... yer just sayin

Rope is older than mason... lol

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Be nice now. LOL

I know you have one of these Jeff
bd50667ff9388fd1f58d68a97fb9d5fb.jpg

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The way I look at things is I am not really about building a dragster, I am more in this for strength and longevity and durability. Like a diesel. Something a bit better than stock, but will be stronger and last. [emoji106]

JUST TO CLARIFY UPFRONT. I am not knocking anyone elses builds or saws.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used a stock Stihl 029 for about 24 years. I never knew any different. It never let me down.
Then I got a ported Stihl. It has been bliss ever since. I just like saws that are strong and run well. Makes my cutting more enjoyable.
I don't really knock other saws, as I have seen firsthand how well they run. I am happy for all who have them, as I can see their pride and enjoyment in their faces as well.
Just comes down to personal preference. I was brought up on small block Chevys. My father was a Chevy man. All I knew. So..... of course you see where I am. My father was a blue collar guy who supported brought up 5 kids. As for chainsaws, he ran whatever he could get from a junk pile and fix up. He did buy a small McCullough Pro Mac that he ran for a long time until eventually, it blew. He rebuilt it few times. But my point is, it is just what you are accustomed to. If my father was a Ford guy or a Husky guy, I guess things would have been a little different.
I just prefer certain brands based on what I was brought up on as a child.
I really like Porsche and Ferrari and Mercedes, but just can't afford them. Lol
So... I drive a Chevy and proudly run Stihl's. [emoji106]