wrenches

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice setup can't very cool stuff you got there an all these fellas callin you a knucklehead I like the off-road setup on the welder I've drug one through stones......

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
image.jpeg image.jpeg

I took a ride to HF today, got myself a cabinet.
My top chest is a 41" and the HF cabinet is 44". Once I got the chest on the cabinet they were a perfect fit.

I guess the Chinese use the "give or take several inches" when making and labeling these things.

Steve NW WI

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
well atleast you got Wiss snips...theyre the only ones worth buying!
is that "pry bar" sposta be a die bar? ive never seen one like it and I useto work in a die shop...
Darn right on the Wiss. There really isn't anything out there that compares. Those are at least 5 years old and get used half a dozen times a day, more often abused than used really.

The bar is a Gorilla bar Jr, just a good all purpose pry bar. I like it. I got it at Northern: http://m.northerntool.com/products/...tent=2570301&gclid=COafu4T--MsCFZSEaQod4XUIJQ

cantgitright

i am Mastermind's other profile
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I like the off-road setup on the welder I've drug one through stones......
why do you think I made it? its had 30+ years of retards (including myself) dragging the puny 3 inch front casters through mud and dirt or having to lift it over cords and *b-wording about it every single time....that machine gets used outside 90% of the time and I was sick of dealing with the little wheels!
bad thing about it is that everyone I know with a welder wants a setup like it, and its mostly machining work to make it...and they don't know anything about machining:BangHead:

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Darn right on the Wiss. There really isn't anything out there that compares
nope...aint seen another snip be able to regularly go from cutting 16 ga. hot or cold rolled back to cutting 28 ga. alum. without making a mess...even when theyre too worn out for thin material they still work real good for heavier material...

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's a nice cabinet Ross.

Thanks

It's high time for a bigger shop..... I'm trying to get a little more organized, but you can only pack so much chit in a 5 pound sack...

I am picking up a drill press from DieselFitter when I go to the Dodgegeek GTG, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Bridgeport....
I have room for a drill press, but if I ever pick up a mill then I've got issues.....

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Me thinks ole Can't makes pretty good money at work too.
ehh Northrop Grumman is a cheap prick!
the only thing I posted that cost any real money is the Syncrowave 250...

the table saw cost me $100 and I probably have that much into it (mostly wheels/ hardware)
the Millermatic 200 I got for free
the planer was $500 and I have about $200 into it

big stuff like this I usually only buy if I need something done and its cheaper for me to buy the tools and do it myself....like the planer and table saw....I wanted wide pine floors in my house, I could buy the flooring for $4-5 a board foot, instead I had logs milled for $0.30 a board foot, and bought the planer and saw...I saved a bunch of money and I ended up with 2 pieces of equipment...

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks

It's high time for a bigger shop..... I'm trying to get a little more organized, but you can only pack so much chit in a 5 pound sack...

I am picking up a drill press from DieselFitter when I go to the Dodgegeek GTG, and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a Bridgeport....
I have room for a drill press, but if I ever pick up a mill then I've got issues.....
ive got a big old Delta drill press like this one
upload_2016-4-5_23-22-28.png
things built like a tank, but its really too fast for any metalworking, even though it came with a morse taper spindle....don't make no sense to me!
I really want to add an idler pulley between the motor and spindle to give me more speeds...maybe someday?

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
why do you think I made it? its had 30+ years of retards (including myself) dragging the puny 3 inch front casters through mud and dirt or having to lift it over cords and *b-wording about it every single time....that machine gets used outside 90% of the time and I was sick of dealing with the little wheels!
bad thing about it is that everyone I know with a welder wants a setup like it, and its mostly machining work to make it...and they don't know anything about machining:BangHead:

Our welder carts have 8" solid rubber castors, it's nice to be able jump it over the 220 drop cord and they don't fall into the drain grates. Plus the wheels don't stop on spent rivet mandrels which are always on the floor of a race shop.

cantgitright

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone have the original gearwrench reversible wrenches? I have well worn set of sae's that I recently replaced with the same set, and the new ones are a pile...they are overly bulky, the box end walls are so damn thick now the fit in even fewer tight spaces, and the open end is nearly 30-40% thicker....