Who's running 592s and 585s?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 592 is a big saw and may seem heavy at first but they handle so good and are so dam smooth the weight feeling sure dissipates in a hurry. I can’t say I ever got that feeling running my 2186 or a 395! I’m looking forward to fall and cutting season for me to start running it again.
I would have to agree I run a 32 or 36 on mine I have ran 28 I’d like to 32 and 36 in the wood it feels excellent good well balanced I can’t complain.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
14.5 lbs for the 592
16ish #s for the 390/2188
17.4ish #s for the 395

That would be the “difference”.;)
Something doesn't seem right on the 592 weight. Husky lists it 16.2 I think or more. I held a west coast version, it sure didn't feel tons lighter than a 395. Still felt high 16s low 17s to me.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Something doesn't seem right on the 592 weight. Husky lists it 16.2 I think or more. I held a west coast version, it sure didn't feel tons lighter than a 395. Still felt high 16s low 17s to me.

Maybe you need to recalibrate those pythons?

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wanted them things when everybody compares everything to the 500 l . I just think things get out of control. Don’t get me wrong to 500 I has its place .and it does it say I don’t like this saw. 572 is only a pound different than the 500 I and I think it was much better. everybody acts I take that back not everybody. People act like the 592 is heavy and in my book it’s not most of the guys here agree with that.
Before I take a 500 l I will take my 460 all day long. at least I don’t have to carry double the gas in their woods. some of that weight issue comes from a video not too long ago I saw.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a shame that we live in a world of Ford Chevy Dodge. Just like Husqvarna and stihl.
Because of a color or a name that’s on a particular product that some people will never be able to give an honestly view
Let me know if I can figure out why I’m posting this or Venton .understand because I’m not sure

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s a shame that we live in a world of Ford Chevy Dodge. Just like Husqvarna and stihl.
Because of a color or a name that’s on a particular product that some people will never be able to give an honestly view
Let me know if I can figure out why I’m posting this or Venton .understand because I’m not sure
I agree with alot of what your saying. And I get it too. I'm mainly a husqvarna guy, bit give credit where it's do.. I made fun of the 500I before it hit the shelf, then I picked one up at my saw shop. I then ate crow and bought one. That 500i is my go too saw now. Along with my ported 572,but the 500i is on a shelf of its own, the 572 is right in there too. I have held a 592, it has a fantastic feel and if I had the cash I'd be owning one, needed or not. But I'd much rather pack the 572, 500, or a 461 all day long, and especially in the hillside work. I will give a fair assessment regardless of brand, but I get you many won't. I have Echo, Stihl, and Husqvarna. Had wanted some Dolmars but never got my hands on one. I think quality, performance etc, Stihl and Husky are pretty close.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If ur saw gets the job done at the end of the day without breakdowns, then it really doesn’t matter . but there will always be sides taken on who’s better that’s the nature of the beast.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree with alot of what your saying. And I get it too. I'm mainly a husqvarna guy, bit give credit where it's do.. I made fun of the 500I before it hit the shelf, then I picked one up at my saw shop. I then ate crow and bought one. That 500i is my go too saw now. Along with my ported 572,but the 500i is on a shelf of its own, the 572 is right in there too. I have held a 592, it has a fantastic feel and if I had the cash I'd be owning one, needed or not. But I'd much rather pack the 572, 500, or a 461 all day long, and especially in the hillside work. I will give a fair assessment regardless of brand, but I get you many won't. I have Echo, Stihl, and Husqvarna. Had wanted some Dolmars but never got my hands on one. I think quality, performance etc, Stihl and Husky are pretty close.
I agree with every word you said pretty much hits it on the mark some saw just have their place and you can’t compare them to others.

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If ur saw gets the job done at the end of the day without breakdowns, then it really doesn’t matter . but there will always be sides taken on who’s better that’s the nature of the beast.
Perfect point it’s a matter of getting it done and what you’re happy with to do the job

DC1072

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s just one of them things I was sitting down eating dinner and my mind just went east west south and Popo goes the whistle and rant came out I just hope I didn’t offend anybody no offending was meant for me at all.

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It’s just one of them things I was sitting down eating dinner and my mind just went east west south and Popo goes the whistle and rant came out I just hope I didn’t offend anybody no offending was meant for me at all.
Totally get it Amigo. Hey this just in , Bob villa just rated his favorites and best. 500i and 592 did not make the cut, nor the 572 lol:)