Who has been affected by the corona crap

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
9:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What county is that? Hell, you need a letter from your employer in STL county proving you have to be out. Get caught out for no reason is a misdemeanor!
St. Charles

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What county is that? Hell, you need a letter from your employer in STL county proving you have to be out. Get caught out for no reason is a misdemeanor!

I'll be in St. Louis City and County on Friday. I'll be visiting work sites around the metro area.

Greenthorn

Least Informed OPE Member
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lots of comments on 'masks', N95', and 'respirators' being tossed around lately, like these are interchangeable terms and items. This is a good source of information on the differences in design and applications, between some of them:

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/topics/respirators/disp_part/respsource3healthcare.html#e

View attachment 231648 Mask
View attachment 231649 Respirator

Some 'surgical masks' protect the patient, from the health care provider breathing or sneezing on them. Respirators protect the health care provider, reducing their risk of inhaling the virus, but they must be fit properly. I was trained that if a respirator fits comfortably, it is probably not being worn correctly. The photos of people wearing either one over their mouth, but not their nose, or with one strap hanging, make me want to pull my remaining hair out.

Philbert

Yep. Air (including any contaminants) will take the path of least resistance. If the respirator is not tightly sealed against the user's face, it will 'leak' around the respirator, instead of passing through the filter. That's why they have to be sized for, and fit to, the individual. And why the user has to wear them correctly.

Philbert

Excellent advice, and links Philbert. Please note, if you have any facial hair below your lips, the N95 mask is not acceptable for any "true" filtrant of your breathing air. I can't believe the amount of people that think they are safe with some of the mask they wear. My goatee is only 1/4 " of hair, and I tried 10 times to get the n95 to work, and it never past the test. This is why I have to wear the CAPR face mask with every patient I encounter for Covid testing. Think of it as an air filter that has a hole, or loose fit, the majority of every bit of intake of air comes thru the path of least resistance, same goes for masks.

cgraham1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm out of work and wife will be out of work next week. We have enough savings to last a little while. Hopefully the government doesn't destroy everything. I do take note that all the .gov workers at all levels from local gov on up have largely been told to stay home with full pay. I hope they are comfortable.
My wife is working from home. So yeah she is “staying home with full pay”. I’m not sure how comfortable she is, but she has her computer set up and clicks away on it 8 hrs a day...

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Me wife's buss is shut down and she is turning into a miserable person.

Welcome to the world sick and injured people have had to live in with no income.

Remember how you told them it will be fine.

Rant done

00wyk

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Me wife's buss is shut down and she is turning into a miserable person.

Welcome to the world sick and injured people have had to live in with no income.

Remember how you told them it will be fine.

Rant done

This may end up being a cathartic excercise for us all.

Kids are currently doing the cough-in-face challenge on Tik-Tok...

kingOFgEEEks

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Silver linings - I got reactivated at work yesterday afternoon. I have to finish up 3-4 bids before COB Friday this week, and then I'm expected to be back on layoff next week.

The state is considering putting site and road construction back on the essential list (duh. if you don't maintain the roads, they're gonna fall apart. Oh, and it's spring breakup... (facepalm))

One day at a time. Anybody need proposals for road work/maintenance north of I-80 in PA?

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I guess were here are joining you other’s already on lock down. Starting Friday night through April 10th for now. The shop is planning on us still working until they tell us we can’t.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really like the physician and his insights into and concerning SARS-CoV-2 if America can learn from other countries I hope we will. Not trying to put out anything that goes against the CDC which none of his stuff does just dropping this here for some casual watching while sitting at home. https://zdoggmd.com/covid-new-hope/
County next door is on shelter in place(150 yards from my property line). 1’st diagnosed case in the city closest to me today. Wife has had many rule outs at work but thank God no positives yet. Texas doubles cases in 3 days. Not liking that average rate of spread it’s to close to the “normal” rate of spread.

jjcard41

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I guess were here are joining you other’s already on lock down. Starting Friday night through April 10th for now. The shop is planning on us still working until they tell us we can’t.

Where is this at? We are locked down until April 7th here in Silly-noise

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent advice, and links Philbert. Please note, if you have any facial hair below your lips, the N95 mask is not acceptable for any "true" filtrant of your breathing air. I can't believe the amount of people that think they are safe with some of the mask they wear. My goatee is only 1/4 " of hair, and I tried 10 times to get the n95 to work, and it never past the test. This is why I have to wear the CAPR face mask with every patient I encounter for Covid testing. Think of it as an air filter that has a hole, or loose fit, the majority of every bit of intake of air comes thru the path of least resistance, same goes for masks.

I learned spraying basecoat/clearcoat on street rod engines, respirator seals great with a gob of vasoline on your facial hair.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My Aunt's co worker just died of covid19. :(Prayers, positive thoughts, or whatever it is you do, to the victims of this virus and their families.

Lets do our part to curb its spread and protect our loved ones. I've never been worried about any ailments with western medicine on our side but this has me scared. I have been wiping down all frequent touched stuff in the house daily. Keeping my wife and kids home. My kids have not left the property for over two weeks now. My company laid off over 200 people Monday of 500 employees. This without any doubt has been the most stressful situation we have ever been through.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Kentucky is doing a pretty good job, our numbers of cases and deaths are still way below average. Most businesses can remain open but with restrictions and precautions, which seem entirely reasonable. I especially like how firearm and ammunition sellers are specifically listed as allowed to remain open, subject to the same rules as everyone else. 'Course, most of them ran out of inventory two weeks ago!

https://governor.ky.gov/attachments/20200325_Executive-Order_2020-257_Healthy-at-Home.pdf