Who has been affected by the corona crap

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
4:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just got the call from work to stay home. Plantwide layoff untill this all gets resolved.
Hope the big three go back soon. This sucks. Might have to see if i can sell firewood or some odd jobs.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Most of the younger crowd that I hear from are acting like the inconvenience is directed at them personally. They sat on their ass most of their early years. Now that they are supposed to stay home and sit on their ass, they're pissed. Most of them will get paid to sit on their ass. Call their early years "training".

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:53 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I would welcome being told to stay at home rather than be surrounded by over 300 people off which many only care about their own entertainment.

I would take the time to play with my saws, among other things.
I wouldn't have the need to leave my property up to a couple weeks - and I haven't even made any panic purchases.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm out of work and wife will be out of work next week. We have enough savings to last a little while. Hopefully the government doesn't destroy everything. I do take note that all the .gov workers at all levels from local gov on up have largely been told to stay home with full pay. I hope they are comfortable.

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.gover here..... still going to work 40 hrs/ week. Office personnel might be at home in some cities but here we are all still working. Just told to practice social distancing and lots of hand washing/ no hand shaking.

we have several medics on self quarantine already. But that’s not a choice....

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
City government here. We're being told they are going to do a change up for us
Plant operations will have one operator work 7 days- off 14 with pay
Maintenance will be as needed-with pay
Dump truck driver-myself and one then-no change in schedule as of yet Monday-Friday running back and forth to the landfill
All others labeled as nonessential go home until further notice-with pay

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DoD Fed Govt here...work C-17 Avionics/Flight Controls and we ain’t missed a beat here yet on the flightline. One thing’s for certain...C-17’s, C-5’s, C-130’s, F-15’s, EC-8 JSTARS ain’t gonna fix themselves. It’s already known here if we have to pull the plug, we’ll get two weeks paid time off, probably longer push come to shove, while doing the home thing. No one has tested positive here at Robins AFB to date but that could change in a heartbeat, and it probably will...there are thousands of workers here btwn DoD civil service, active duty, and National Guard. I fear it’s just a matter of time. Until then, we’re rockin’ & rollin’ getting aircraft out.

Some folks off the flightline and in non-direct aircraft support roles, where it’s applicable have been authorized to work from home...we boys just ain’t in those groups of folks.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Railroad.
Essential industry. No mercy.
You got the blue collar deal.
Thanks for getting it done.

We lose more than half our income but short term. Her business might be ok... time will tell. The rest of us have to step up and get *s-word done. Just that simple. I still do everyday. Do what you can. I see only myself working on the yard or the house. Plenty of walkers on the streets.

Car wash guy

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m in Newport News working on the biggest wash I’ve ever seen. Was supposed to head back to Long Island Sunday. They are talking about shutting New York down. May hold off on that until things calm down. Hotels are getting harder to find. May be time to head home and hunker down for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kfd518

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well we just had a positive case inside the city I work in so we shall see what happens.
More cases popping up in the next county over. Stage 3 precautions just went into effect here social distancing, bars restaurants and the like can only do takeout and drive through or delivery. And firm recommendation that all over65 or having prior serious medical conditions avoid 10+groups.
My county normally follows said county on goings on.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my wife and I are lucky as we are retired. No problem staying home. We have to be extra careful because we check on the neighbor daily that is 93. If she tips over, I don't want to be the one that caused it. Now, I have to see how I can stay at least 6 feet away from the wife.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Im pretty much staying at home and the gf works from home. Got everything we needed to in order. Just waiting for full lockdown. One thing I've learned from this is how financially unprepared and just generally unprepared people are. The poop paper hoarding still has me baffled. Is there a delicious recipe for survival toilet paper casserole i dont know about? You can survive without poop paper. You can't survive without food and the masses seem to be only concerned with toilet paper and disinfectant wipes. Its relevant that many wouldn't make it very long in a full out survival situation