CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife is working from home. So yeah she is “staying home with full pay”. I’m not sure how comfortable she is, but she has her computer set up and clicks away on it 8 hrs a day...

I guess some administration can work from home, but the other 85% of gov at all levels - not so much. We are looking forward to getting 55% (taxable, of course) at some point (possibly months) down the road. Lots of promises...

srb08

Doesn't play well with others
Local time
7:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only problem with the stimulus package is eventually we're going to have to pay for it through higher taxes. Two thousand billion dollars, is a big chunk of change.
There ain't no free lunch

My oldest son wants to give the money back. He says he doesn't need it and feels the government is being irresponsible giving it to people who are able to continue working and aren't severely impacted.
I told him to invest it and use it to offset the taxes he's going to have to pay, when the government wants it back.........x10

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:46 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am on two weeks payed leave (collective summer vacation) starting Monday, no info what will happen after that if the situation doesn't level out and/or dissipate.

In relation to masks, from what I have read medical and N95 masks do not filter the COVID-19 virus safely, they merely protect against spray.
Although before pointing me into the corner and calling me names, from what I gather European and US standards vary.
In Europe/Croatia it is being recommended to use FFP3 or P100 standard masks.
With the above been said, it is certainly better to use any kind of mask than none at all.

I pulled this sucker out of a decade long storage, a little hard to breathe through under physical stress but it sure feels safer than any disposable mask (for reference a FFP3 disposable mask left to it).
DSC01455.JPG

Stay home, stay safe!

Last edited:

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is technical information on respirators and COVID-19 for healthcare workers on the WHO and CDC websites if folks are interested.

Too much to print here, and there are periodic updates, so any summaries posted could be obsolete.

'Google' 'WHO Covid 19 Respirators for Health Care Workers', or
'CDC Covid 19 Respirators for Health Care Workers'
and follow some of the links. E.g.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...9/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-use-masks

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/respirator-use-faq.html#respirators

Philbert

Last edited:

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
5:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mills shutting down around north idaho too. Like mr Dwayne dethlefs said on axmen "were all gonna be singing a bad tune before long".
Im been cutten hay while the sun shines so to speak here. Running saws 7 days a week to prepare, most of all my mental state, physical well being and to fund enough stuff for my proposed off grid log cabin that will be squatted on lovily government land, just incase crap gets real bad.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, the barber shops and beauty shops already shut down. One thing is for sure:
"It's about to get ugly around here." :D
All of NC is supposed to shut down Monday at 5. Just got word that my employer is ignoring the governor's order and we are working.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only problem with the stimulus package is eventually we're going to have to pay for it through higher taxes. Two thousand billion dollars, is a big chunk of change.

My oldest son wants to give the money back. He says he doesn't need it and feels the government is being irresponsible giving it to people who are able to continue working and aren't severely impacted.
I told him to invest it and use it to offset the taxes he's going to have to pay, when the government wants it back.........x10
This...

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That says volumes about what type of person your son is. You should be proud.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What am I allowed to do?
The order mandates that Michigan residents need to stay home unless they are doing one of the following:

• To engage in an outdoor activity, like walking, hiking, running. People still need to remain at least six feet apart from anyone outside their household.

• To perform jobs if they are critical infrastructure workers

• To perform necessary government activities

• To perform tasks necessary to their health and safety, including getting medication or seeking medical or dental care

• To obtain necessary services and supplies, including groceries, takeout food, gasoline, medical supplies and any other products. However, people are urged to use delivery services as much as possible.

• To care for a family member or a family member's pet in another household

• To care for minors, dependents, the elderly, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable people

• To visit an individual under the care of a healthcare facility, residential facility or congregate care facility

• To attend legal proceedings or hearings for essential or emergency purposes as ordered by a court

• To work or volunteer for a business that provides food, shelter or other needs for economically disadvantaged people or other individuals in need, like people with disabilities.
I have been out coyote hunting as my out door activity.
I also went with my tractor and chain saw to remove a fallen tree from the lawn of one of my lawn mowing service customers.
I have vbeen back in my woods cutting fire wood. I also went and installed a urnial and a Septic pain in a deer blind.
Took My 22 Mag out and shot chit with it.

Took my wife out grocery shopping this morning during rhe senior hour.
Going to take her tomorrow too for pet food during he senior hour.

If you have not been effctited you are living undat a rock some place.

:D Al