High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Which Foredom, Square Drive or Key Tip???

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So just got out to my workshop this morning to try it on my foredom and you’re right it doesn’t fit. Too tight. Looks like I’ll be taking mine apart too. I hadn’t even tried it on it before. I’m assuming it’s been made for the cheap clone foredom you can buy.

CC specialty's sells both 1/8" and 3mm collets.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
CC specialty's sells both 1/8" and 3mm collets.

Not the collets being tight but rather the outer cable sheath where it connects to the bottom of the hand piece.
I’ve had to ream those gold straight ones also, seems like a ‘thing’ common to most chicom foredome type hand pieces.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
8:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not the collets being tight but rather the outer cable sheath where it connects to the bottom of the hand piece.
I’ve had to ream those gold straight ones also, seems like a ‘thing’ common to most chicom foredome type hand pieces.

I just buy the foredom straight pieces any more, worth it to me.

I doubt those collets will fit this head.

Prolly not. I was going from the angle that the CC 90 degree collets didn't have to be bored out to fit, you could just get another from CC the size needed if you wanted. Then you can switch back and forth if need be.
I think Foredom has a kit of odd size collets for their straight tools.
I sure understand the it's 1/8", well... actually 3mm close enough deal to drive one to Bedlam.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That’s why I bought a 0.404” reamer.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got mine.
Waited a month or so before checking on status only to find the order had been cancelled for some unintelligible reason. They had suggested I request a refund... You cancelled the order, just refund me, sheesh. Got the refund no problem after contacting ali and ordered another handpiece from a different vendor.

Works ok but not particularly smooth, to say the least, feels like gear noise as opposed to bearings.

Is this typical or are the others you guys got any better?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got mine.
Waited a month or so before checking on status only to find the order had been cancelled for some unintelligible reason. They had suggested I request a refund... You cancelled the order, just refund me, sheesh. Got the refund no problem after contacting ali and ordered another handpiece from a different vendor.

Works ok but not particularly smooth, to say the least, feels like gear noise as opposed to bearings.

I’ve had rebuilt 182’s sound like that. Drip some erl in it and run it some. It usually clears up

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had rebuilt 182’s sound like that. Drip some erl in it and run it some. It usually clears up

Didn't help, but then I'm not sure if the oil is even getting to where it needs to be.
I'd be pizzed if a 182 came back sounding like that...

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Didn't help, but then I'm not sure if the oil is even getting to where it needs to be.
I'd be pizzed if a 182 came back sounding like that...
It was pretty beat up. They rebuilt it for the cost of parts and didn’t charge me labor.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Finally got mine.

The one I got was significantly smoother than that.

srcarr52

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just an update. I created a fixture to hold the 3mm collet in my lathe so I could bump them out to 1/8". They are slightly hardened so a drill bit will not make it through them, you have to use carbide.

IMG_2509.JPG IMG_2508.JPG