High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Which Foredom, Square Drive or Key Tip???

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi All

I’ve been lurking about this forum for a while now gathering plenty of info. Appreciate all the knowledge that’s posted on here. Finally thought I’d join in. Ha.

I’ve been repairing / rebuilding saws for fun for a while now and have finally taken the leap into porting.

My question is as the title suggests, which foredom? I thought it would be the standard key tip but fordedom themselves advised square drive. I’m looking for advice from you guys that are using them all the time. Do I really need the square drive?

thanks in advance.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
7:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Heard of the square but I’ve only ever seen the key drive

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I managed to find a reasonably priced 90 degree hand piece and I’m pretty sure it’s key drive too.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I managed to find a reasonably priced 90 degree hand piece and I’m pretty sure it’s key drive too.

I’d like to see what you got for a 90 deg handpiece.

Key drive is the standard, you’ll break the cable before the key shears.

wcorey

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Key is definitely more common, I had no idea foredom also offered square.
My old Dumore unit that used to be foredom's main competition uses square as their standard.

That handpiece is interesting but I wouldn't put bets on longevity or whether replacement parts are available.
Made in Taiwan though so maybe not total junk...

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Key is definitely more common, I had no idea foredom also offered square.
My old Dumore unit that used to be foredom's main competition uses square as their standard.

That handpiece is interesting but I wouldn't put bets on longevity or whether replacement parts are available.
Made in Taiwan though so maybe not total junk...

I was thinking the same about the longevity but i reckon its worth a gamble as it is a 5th of the cost of the CC specialty tools. For the amount i will use it just now i think it will be fine. Hopefully.

I had actually ordered this a couple of days ago as my plan was to order the key drive foredom but then found out there was a square drive which threw a spanner in the works. But after reading all the comments here i will be ordering the key drive. Its much more versatile as more hand pieces available.

Crocky28

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the opinions. I will be ordering the key drive over the next couple of days.

I will update this thread when my 90 degree hand piece arrives. Hopefully it will be decent quality. Its due around the 2nd of August.

Thanks
Mark

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies. I appreciate the opinions. I will be ordering the key drive over the next couple of days.

I will update this thread when my 90 degree hand piece arrives. Hopefully it will be decent quality. Its due around the 2nd of August.

Thanks
Mark

Yes....an update would be appreciated.