What oil is best? and what ratio?

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
4:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya but the thing is keith is your saw will decompose before one oil makes a difference over the other , you arent gonna work them hard enough for it to matter..no offense bruh.
Disagree. Running these cheap oils that build carbon in the wrong places will not see 1000 hrs Id bet. Ive seen units less than a year old with less than 10hrs on them if that many gummed and plugged up from Stihl Ultra. In fact I see it almost daily because most everyone around here uses it but I make good money fixing them!!:eek:! I shouldnt tell customers any different and let them keep running the same thing ?:D

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Disagree. Running these cheap oils that build carbon in the wrong places will not see 1000 hrs Id bet. Ive seen units less than a year old with less than 10hrs on them if that many gummed and plugged up from Stihl Ultra. In fact I see it almost daily because most everyone around here use it but I make good money fixing them!!:eek:! I shouldnt tell customers any different and let them keep running the same thing ?
So you're calling Stihl ultra a cheap oil? First time I've heard that.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Disagree. Running these cheap oils that build carbon in the wrong places will not see 1000 hrs Id bet. Ive seen units less than a year old with less than 10hrs on them if that many gummed and plugged up from Stihl Ultra. In fact I see it almost daily because most everyone around here use it but I make good money fixing them!!:eek:! I shouldnt tell customers any different and let them keep running the same thing ?

Then they dont tune correctly or run some kind of trash gas..i took an old ms 250 apart that ran our local eth free gas with stihl orange stuff for 3 years commercially with probably 6 different guy pullin on the throttle with a filthy air filter..the screens werent blocked and the cylinder walls looked fine with a little brown on the top of the piston..it would still be runnin if the tank handle wasnt smashed.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok.....if my saw lasts 5 years on my oil and has 1k hours and yours lasts 20 and has 1k hours but yours is cleaner inside, who wins?
I do. Because I get fresh oak roasted coffee with the wood I cut. Win, win, win! Winner winner chicken dinner!

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I see most the problems with saws that have barley been ran. The guys that run gallons through them have less problems. Even when when it's a home owner model Stihl.
gas doesn't have time to go sour. my friend is logger the norm for him is 5 to 8 gallons per day and he fills the can daily with cheap pump gas.

jake wells

no longer here
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Husqvarna, jonsered, redmax, echo, efco, and poulan ---- spectrum lubricants
stihl ---- Omni specialty packaging
supertech mineral 2 cycle air cooled ---- warren lubricants
supertech synthetic air cooled ---- citgo
supertech tcw3 outboard ---- warren lubricants