Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
downloadfile-4.jpg

Run on jred oil (which was spec'd as tcw3 at the time), Stihl orange, and wally world tcw3 since new in 1988. Not promoting junk oil, but there's no need for $20/qt oil in a chainsaw. It's way more important to make sure it's tuned properly, and that there's enough oil in the mix

T.Roller

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
View attachment 56366

Run on jred oil (which was spec'd as tcw3 at the time), Stihl orange, and wally world tcw3 since new in 1988. Not promoting junk oil, but there's no need for $20/qt oil in a chainsaw. It's way more important to make sure it's tuned properly, and that there's enough oil in the mix
How dare you!

KenJax Tree

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You will notice it spoolup faster. Burns very clean, seems to hold more revs in the cut.
Be sarcastic if you want, nonbelievers can non believe.

I've used a lot of Dominator in dirt bikes. Nothing wrong with it, other than hear say about rust. However i've never noticed any power increase over Motul, Maxima, etc.

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
1:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Its quite on here! Surely somebody using blue and green oil that cost .75 cents a 55 gal drum wants to testify that its as good as any made and that its good because it hasnt blown any equipment up yet ??!!!:eek::D
I like the Dolmar synthetic but I can't get a 55 gal drum of it for 75 cents but it is not bad priced. I should really try the husqvarna xp oil. I can get it at a good price. Lol

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Funny how jred oil was tcw3 back then. I got one that was ran on nothing but jred oil and valvoline mostly jred oil. It ran a very long time. Rings were fine lower rod was wasted the. A migrant worker with a badly dull chain finally killed it. Jug cases and piston are still original.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Have you ever pulled the jugs on your saws to check out the innerds? I am curious and would love to see the insides after using this mineral oil.
Have you ever pulled the jugs on your saws to check out the innerds? I am curious and would love to see the insides after using this mineral oil.
As long as it cranks and makes money and doesnt blow up most people r satisfied. Some folks here are on another level about oil and most dont understand being interested what the oil is actually doing or not doing inside and simply wanna belittle and knock people who do. Must boost their pride or make their nuts bigger to belittle

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Castrol 2T i have isn't necessarily better and i never said it was. Its just 1/4 of the price and it works and i'm not worried about anything melting down. YMMV. "Better" is a personal opinion. Who really gets to decide whats "best"?

It has 1 job...lubricate
Just lubricate? U have some homework to do

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 56366

Ill disagree. Not all junk oil will do that good of a job. Done seen too many with stuck rings, clogged filters, plugged exhaust ports, etc

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ill disagree. Not all junk oil will do that good of a job. Done seen too many with stuck rings, clogged filters, plugged exhaust ports, etc
Disagree with what? I never said all junk oil is fine. I never said any junk oil is fine. I'm saying the oil I and my dad before me used obviously did its job, and without paying $20/qt to do it.

As far as the comment about Chris doing his homework? He does his homework every day. When he has any sort of failure I'm sure he'll correct it

Keith Gandy

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Disagree with what? I never said all junk oil is fine. I never said any junk oil is fine. I'm saying the oil I and my dad before me used obviously did its job, and without paying $20/qt to do it.

As far as the comment about Chris doing his homework? He does his homework every day. When he has any sort of failure I'm sure he'll correct it
I respect his knowledge of his job but that far from makes him an expert on oil. He comments that a oil is doing fine but all he knows is the saw runs and doesnt blow up. Ive seen plenty of saws still running on cheap oils that look like total hell inside. My point is dont knock people who pay for good oil or take their equipment apart to see what an oil is doing or how the saw is breaking in. Way too much bashing here on people who choose to do thoso things

Last edited:

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
4:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As long as it cranks and makes money and doesnt blow up most people r satisfied. Some folks here are on another level about oil and most dont understand being interested what the oil is actually doing or not doing inside and simply wanna belittle and knock people who do. Must boost their pride or make their nuts bigger to belittle
To belittle and all that yes is wrong we all get a little carried away at times. But also you have to understand that pulling a saw down after a tank of fuel to see what the oil is doing is a little crazy yes? is that time not better spent with family I mean we only live once don't we? sure pull a saw down for a look but at like 50/100 tanks of fuel would be no guess work then there would be more to report on than the usual yes there is oil coating things, there is nothing wrong with hobbies interests but an interest in oil that is obsessive I dont think is helping anyone in life I'm not knocking anyone just trying to put things into prospective sure we all have an interest in oil and saw's and your right some take it to the limits of sanity IMHO.
I know you think the opposite and the guys that don't stress over what the oil is doing in a saw and can sleep well at night without waking in a cold sweat and running to shed to pull the cylinder are the crazy ones lol. Oil something so simple made into one of the most confusing debated talked about things on the planet silly humans one thing is certain we all agree not to agree on anything lol.