Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
9:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These Hemlock trees were dying anyhow.....so to be able to use them is really nice.
I love taking something that would otherwise have gone to waste and making it into good lumber.
Most of what we mill is some kind of salvage, either dead/blow down, or stuff that was removed for pasture or a building site.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I love taking something that would otherwise have gone to waste and making it into good lumber.
Most of what we mill is some kind of salvage, either dead/blow down, or stuff that was removed for pasture or a building site.
We have a bunch of storm downed trees here right now. Mostly red oak.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had considered tearing it down when I first bought the land.....I'm glad now that I didn't. It was built in 1972, and ain't in great condition, but it's still all there.
Well, now that you have a mill you can fix it up all nice....
I looked at a place in Arkansas that had three of those buildings on in, some days I really wish I'd have bought that instead of the place we have now....ever since we moved in here we've been building more stuff.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, now that you have a mill you can fix it up all nice....
I looked at a place in Arkansas that had three of those buildings on in, some days I really wish I'd have bought that instead of the place we have now....ever since we moved in here we've been building more stuff.
The framing isn't in bad condition. The metal on the roof is fairly thin after all these years. No way I could ever afford to replace it, so I just keep patching it up.

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The framing isn't in bad condition. The metal on the roof is fairly thin after all these years. No way I could ever afford to replace it, so I just keep patching it up.
Might reconsider the pig rentals. Revenue stream right in front of you. Hurry up as i hear you will have many customers next month. lol

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, too bad metal doesn't grow on trees...lol
That's always what stops me from building more/bigger buildings... expensive roofing.

JIMG

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's next. I figure I can get away with a sharpen or two on my bands before I need to make up a tool to set them. You're the pro sawyer, though... Am I right or do they need setting after every sharpen?