lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
11:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any of you guys use Lenox bands?
They’re decent, that’s what your mill came with. Not sure what exact one but woodland mills uses Lenox. My uncle used to be a dealer and they had several grades of metal cutting bands but the high end ones were some of the best.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’re decent, that’s what your mill came with. Not sure what exact one but woodland mills uses Lenox. My uncle used to be a dealer and they had several grades of metal cutting bands but the high end ones were some of the best.
Local fella tells me that the Lenox blades last longer before breaking than the Woodmizer blades I'm using.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local fella tells me that the Lenox blades last longer before breaking than the Woodmizer blades I'm using.
Are you using woodmizer's "double hard" blades?
We used Lenox bands a couple decades ago but no recent experience.
I do seem to remember them being softer....which, I would imagine would make them last longer being a more flexible material.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are you using woodmizer's "double hard" blades?
We used Lenox bands a couple decades ago but no recent experience.
I do seem to remember them being softer....which, I would imagine would make them last longer being a more flexible material.
I've been using their silver tip blades

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using their silver tip blades
I've never run the silvertip, but my brother tells me they are not as good as the double hard.
Do they have hardened teeth? The DH have heat treated teeth.

Reactions: Lnk

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never run the silvertip, but my brother tells me they are not as good as the double hard.
Do they have hardened teeth? The DH have heat treated teeth.
I'm not sure. I broke a couple out of the last 5 I bought. Never sharpened either.

Sawdust Man

Manufacturer of Sawdust
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure. I broke a couple out of the last 5 I bought. Never sharpened either.
On occasion the screw up the recipe on a batch of blades and you'll have a box that breaks prematurely.
Woodmizer used to replace blades when that happened, but I haven't tried in a few years.
I did get a box a few months back that were braking on me & I need to contact them and gripe to see what they say.

How many hours or board feet are you getting before they break?

I really need to buy or build a grinder..... I've got close to 300 blades here needing sharpened.

IMG_20231014_103511.jpg

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On occasion the screw up the recipe on a batch of blades and you'll have a box that breaks prematurely.
Woodmizer used to replace blades when that happened, but I haven't tried in a few years.
I did get a box a few months back that were braking on me & I need to contact them and gripe to see what they say.

I really need to buy or build a grinder..... I've got close to 300 blades here needing sharpened.

View attachment 393934
I’ve been using the double hard also, I like the blades and haven’t broken any yet out of this 10 pack even though I’m running 55 thousandths thick blades. Went thicker because I was getting waves in black spruce before. Only drawback I’ve heard is the double hard blades are brittle in the tooth and the teeth break when you go to set them. Far as holding up they have done well I made over 400 boards out of noticeably dirty wood on 3 blades. All 10-14” diameter logs so lots of cuts through the dirty bark that we only had a broom to clean off.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

View attachment 393934
Not many. A couple of logs. I'm thinking that the smaller the mill, the more likely they are to break. The wheel diameter is only 16" on my mill. That's a good bit of flex the blade has to endure.