Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How did this person not die before getting all those cut
You should see the felling cuts on larger OD logs as they don't use B&C's longer than 18". :facepalm:

I gotta see whether I have any pictures in my archive.

P.S.:
They work in groups, as such most likely several operators worth of WTF!

TheDarkLordChinChin

My name Borat, I like you
Local time
1:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should see the felling cuts on larger OD logs as they don't use B&C's longer than 18". :facepalm:

I gotta see whether I have any pictures in my archive.

P.S.:
They work in groups, as such most likely several operators worth of WTF!
Same *s-word here, no one uses anything longer than 20".
"oh no way would I carry a big huge 70cc saw and two foot bar around all day, the arms would fall from me!"
It's all 50 and 60cc saws with 16", 18" and 20" bars. The felling wedge has been abandoned for the mechanical impact drill thing. When I did the large felling cert I referred to it as "the vibrator" and refused to use it, favouring instead doubled up felling wedges on back leaners. The instructor and the other guy doing the course kept laughing and calling me a typical ignorant farmer always doing things the hard way out of thickness.

From what I have seen on the internet tree felling seems to be wild in Eastern Europe.

Mack 880

Happy to Stihl be Here
Local time
8:03 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like this?

TheDarkLordChinChin

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Like this?

That's the one.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:03 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same *s-word here, no one uses anything longer than 20".
"oh no way would I carry a big huge 70cc saw and two foot bar around all day, the arms would fall from me!"
It's all 50 and 60cc saws with 16", 18" and 20" bars. The felling wedge has been abandoned for the mechanical impact drill thing. When I did the large felling cert I referred to it as "the vibrator" and refused to use it, favouring instead doubled up felling wedges on back leaners. The instructor and the other guy doing the course kept laughing and calling me a typical ignorant farmer always doing things the hard way out of thickness.

From what I have seen on the internet tree felling seems to be wild in Eastern Europe.
The Croatian Forestry utilizes MS661's and has been in the process of replacing them with MS462's.
A 661 is a pretty big saw for a B&C setup under 24", but I guess it makes up with power for running dull or poorly sharpened chains.

TheDarkLordChinChin

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Croatian Forestry utilizes MS661's and has been in the process of replacing them with MS462's.
A 661 is a pretty big saw for a B&C setup under 24", but I guess it makes up with power for running dull or poorly sharpened chains.
FFS. Yeah most "professional" chainsaw operators here can't file a chain properly either. The worst part is that's how they were taught to do it.