The Official OPE Purse Swinging Thread

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMHO that video of the 500 was definitely sandbagged, fine powder and screaming the whole cut. Barely changed tone when it was dogged in plus a tank isn’t close to broken in, took a solid 10 tanks to break the 500 the tree service has. And not saying that I don’t believe a ported 73.5cc can’t take a 79cc that’s stock. 500i is a strong torque saw and needs a little more aggressive chain on it also just an opinion but 500’s seem to be able to pull it.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
6:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also I think purchasing a saw on how long the air filter gos without plugging is a bs reason. Keep the fines down with a sharp chain and clean it at the end of the day. Look at all the wood the old saws cut with a crappy piece of felt covered wire mesh. Tons of old homelite and Stihl 041’s still going with basically non existent air filters

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
4:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also I think purchasing a saw on how long the air filter gos without plugging is a bs reason. Keep the fines down with a sharp chain and clean it at the end of the day. Look at all the wood the old saws cut with a crappy piece of felt covered wire mesh. Tons of old homelite and Stihl 041’s still going with basically non existent air filters
I actually don't mind pulling my air filters at lunch to tap em out, and just give the saw a once over check for loose hardware and whatnot. It's therapeutic, taking care of a tool that takes care of me

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Edit- ment to reply to your post about air filters I agree is silly the way guy's go on about filters they might be better of getting there wife to run there saw's am sure she wouldn't complain about tapping out an air filter probably say that was easy! lol
IMHO that video of the 500 was definitely sandbagged, fine powder and screaming the whole cut. Barely changed tone when it was dogged in plus a tank isn’t close to broken in, took a solid 10 tanks to break the 500 the tree service has. And not saying that I don’t believe a ported 73.5cc can’t take a 79cc that’s stock. 500i is a strong torque saw and needs a little more aggressive chain on it also just an opinion but 500’s seem to be able to pull it.
Yeah tapping out an airfillter is such hard work makes my limp wrist hurt maybe deep heat will relieve the pain and discomfort from tapping out airfillters?
I can't go on the struggle is real lol
20200905_110624.jpg

Last edited: