The official OPE daycare thread

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
quick tip, put a 4x4 block under the drivers rear tire it will give you a little more wiggle room to slide the tank out, its only 2 15mm bolts that hold the tank straps, unhook filler tube before you unbolt the straps, although it looks intimidating, those fuel pumps are a piece of cake unless the tank is full. I usually use an ATV jack to raise and lower the tank.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
10:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
quick tip, put a 4x4 block under the drivers rear tire it will give you a little more wiggle room to slide the tank out, its only 2 15mm bolts that hold the tank straps, unhook filler tube before you unbolt the straps, although it looks intimidating, those fuel pumps are a piece of cake unless the tank is full. I usually use an ATV jack to raise and lower the tank.
Ok, good to know.👍🏻 We use a transmission Jack for fuel tanks and it works great.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Keep it simple first.
If the pump is in the tank, which I believe it is crawl under there and give the tank a bunch of good raps with a rubber mallet..
Thank me later

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Keep it simple first.
If the pump is in the tank, which I believe it is crawl under there and give the tank a bunch of good raps with a rubber mallet..
Thank me later
Too late, dang.
That would be a nice picture to see.
no pics of that scene sadly

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got everything taken apart and got the new fuel pump, ring, and filler neck today. However the wiring pigtail won't be in until tomorrow afternoon. Hoping we finish the job tomorrow tonight.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too late, dang.

no pics of that scene sadly

Well as long as it is actually the fuel pump then it is not too late but if the fuel pump was not the issue issue then it will be time and money wasted..

I have a few "Bill G" stories about them but heck no one likes my stories.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as long as it is actually the fuel pump then it is not too late but if the fuel pump was not the issue issue then it will be time and money wasted..

Ok. You shouldn’t care if others don’t like your stories unless it causes you to be banned imo. I like your stories honestly.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I believe it is the length of the stories that people have issue with. The readers digest condensed versions are probably OK.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I believe it is the length of the stories that people have issue with. The readers digest condensed versions are probably OK.

Well I never read anything I was not interested in reading.
You see I still live in a free country although who knows come at 12:01 PM January 20, 2025.
I never read the "Great Gatsby" but I listened to folks that have a bit of experience.
I loved listening to my Grandpa who grew up with his Grandpa that made it back from the Civil War.
As for the truck had I not listened to folks with experience a jackass would have been charging me thousands to chase an issue that was diagnosed with a 2x4 smack.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I never read anything I was not interested in reading.
You see I still live in a free country although who knows come at 12:01 PM January 20, 2025.
I never read the "Great Gatsby" but I listened to folks that have a bit of experience.
I loved listening to my Grandpa who grew up with his Grandpa that made it back from the Civil War.
As for the truck had I not listened to folks with experience a jackass would have been charging me thousands to chase an issue that was diagnosed with a 2x4 smack.
I was just making an observation Bill, you opined that nobody wanted to read your stories, I merely hinted as to the why, based on my observations. Just trying to be helpful. I have learned stuff from just about everyone here, including you. Have a good day Bill.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shipped out my Stihl 026 to be ported today thanks to @redline4 and Randy with Zoo City Saws.
My Silverado’s coolant leak is getting worse… getting into the exhaust
Yea for the saw! To bad for the coolant leak.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is not got at all. You popped a head gasket
Not yet. Still runs amazing. I’ve gone thru 1 1/4 gallons of coolant in the past 2 months. Sometimes it takes 1.5 weeks for the low coolant light to come on, or sometimes it’s close to when yesterday it only took one day! Oil is clean and remains same level or goes down. No leaks seen on ground or engine bay. Exhaust is almost alway clear except yesterday it was white idling on a warm evening after replacing fuel pump. My dad says run it until it pops head gasket unless I have the money to fix it before then. If I don’t have the money to fix it when it pops I’ll borrow his 95’ gmc Sierra until I get it fixed, gonna be a lot of time and money.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
really really check around the water pump, the weep hole is hard to see, put a piece of cardboard under the truck at night and see where the leak is.

the 5.3 and 6.0 motors are the easiest v-8 head gaskets to get to, the intake doesnt have a water jacket, I have had a few ls motor apart and it only takes me about 2 hours to have the cylinder heads off.

sparkplug inspection should show which cylinder is getting coolant in it, better fix it before antifreeze gets into the oil and main bearings.