The official OPE daycare thread

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought it. $200 with free junk tiller also. Registered for this year so couldn’t have sat too long, tires are OK. Ran good suposoeldy but has electrical gremlin so won’t rev up usually supposedly. Gas is clean and oil is good also clean and good and it pulls over, hasn’t tested further yet. IMG_9735.jpeg

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Got my ATV started.
Runs good. Drives fine, only a couple feet back and forth a few times, brake handle lever assembly is missing. Occasionally idled super super low and refused to throttle up, occasionally went back to idling hood and be able to rev. Sometimes idles a little high maybe and will not shift, gently trying to shift while idling a tiny bit high leads to a nasty noise. When idling normal it shifts perfect.
Then I drained the old gas, installed a new fuel filter, sea foam and stabil. Runs same or better. 9 minutes of running and driving 2 feet, some revving, didn’t idle ultra low until very end when it eventually died. Any ideas? I’m assuming I will have to clean and probably rebuild the carb. What’s up with the possible electronic throttle someone mentioned as a possible problem if this ATV has it? There is a small exhaust leak.

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
12:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It is a 250 Scrambler and is an oil injection 2 stroke. If they run they run like a scaled ape. The problem is they rarely ran.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll clean the carb, if that doesn’t work and it don’t need carb rebuild it’s prolly an air leak, right? I’ve never dealt with an air leak on a bigger motor like this.

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll clean the carb, if that doesn’t work and it don’t need carb rebuild it’s prolly an air leak, right? I’ve never dealt with an air leak on a bigger motor like this.
Still works the same.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
don't sweat the wires going to the carb, they are an old safety from when carbs had round slides, ocassionally a slide would spin and the throttle would be stuck wide open, at first they put the wires to kill the spark when they got stuck, these days they make the slide flat so they cant twist.

clean the carb just like any other, main jet and idle circuit, im betting they both are slightly plugged.

air leaks are easy to test for, just spray ether or carb clean ever so lightly around anywhere air can get through and listen for engine speed changes.

you got this, after seeing what you have fixed so far I am sure you will figure it out.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
1:24 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
don't sweat the wires going to the carb, they are an old safety from when carbs had round slides, ocassionally a slide would spin and the throttle would be stuck wide open, at first they put the wires to kill the spark when they got stuck, these days they make the slide flat so they cant twist.

clean the carb just like any other, main jet and idle circuit, im betting they both are slightly plugged.

air leaks are easy to test for, just spray ether or carb clean ever so lightly around anywhere air can get through and listen for engine speed changes.

you got this, after seeing what you have fixed so far I am sure you will figure it out.
I would politely suggest WD-40 for spray, not carb cleaner or ether.