Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
2:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Everything in this day and time is over priced except pay checks
That is true in many cases but depending on personal perception there are some exceptions. It is tough to base prices today against wages so as bad as it is I use the minimum wage as a guide. Back in 1980 the minimum wage was $3.10. Today in Illinois it is $14. Now let's take a look.
In 1980 good ole Cas Walker in Knoxville Tennessee was selling his top coon hounds for $2000. At $3.10 per hour it took 645 hours to buy one.
Today what is a top coon dog selling at, $1000 hell for poops and squirts say $3000. At $14 per hour it takes 214 hours today to get a $3000 coon dog. Now boys I am not the sharpest crayon in the Crayola box but I believe that is only 33% of what it took back in 1980. Now with that being said in 1980 folks were still thinking of the high times of 1978 when top coons were $55. Dad bought a new 1978 Ford F-150 4x4 for $5500 (still have the truck). Today a top coon might be $8 and what the hell would a new F150 cost?

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember those days. When it came time to sell fur we set up tables made from 4x8 sheets of plywood and lay the coon hides out. They were all brushed out nice. All the Muskrats and Mink were stretched and dried. They were hung on wire hooks suspended from wires stretching across the building. The Fox, Beaver, and Possum were just skinned and not stretched. We had enough fur that Groenewold out of Forreston Illinois would stop here on a run. It was nice to look at a couple tables of coons and think that can equal a new truck.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
12:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Updates on my auction purchases:
Haven’t messed with tillers yet. Someone of the past put an adapter with weed whacker string belong the blade on the craftsman push mower 🤣 which has a locked up recoil at least. Gassed up ariens snowblower bit no start, noticed weird primer set up, to be continued. Echo Kioritz GT-160AE weed whacker runs/works good. Stihl FS36 weed whacker fired off once with lots of priming but needs new primer bulb. McCullouch 35 chainsaw fired with drink, gotta do research on the super weird carb setup. 40s or 50s car horns work, gave one to grandpa for either IH 584 tractor or Polaris ATV. Idk what I’m gonna put mine on.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I spent the day making trailer loads of my stuff to my grandmas, lawn and garden tractors, 1 of my 2 sheds, snowmobile, etc… Plus I went to the landfill this morning. I can’t believe how much stuff I have for being my age. Tomorrow will be another full day of setting up the one shed and making more loads of stuff. I weed whacked an area at my grandmas farm that has been berry brush for $30 years, that’s where all my stuff is going. Moving in with my grandparents on Thursday.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
.............she don’t have internet up north yet for me to do school.
Ya know back in my day we had these old things called DESKS in school. We also had sewing machines, stoves, welders, torches, wrenches, mills, lathes, T-squares, and God forbid we had pencils.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya know back in my day we had these old things called DESKS in school. We also had sewing machines, stoves, welders, torches, wrenches, mills, lathes, T-squares, and God forbid we had pencils.
The online school takes me half the time and I don’t have to drive or be driven to it. It’s on my schedule. I use pencils a lot still in it. I do get some physical books.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The online school takes me half the time and I don’t have to drive or be driven to it. It’s on my schedule. I use pencils a lot still in it. I do get some physical books.
How much welding, machining, sheet metal, drafting, construction, cabinetmaking, electricity, electronics, mechanics, and auto is being taught in the online school?

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
3:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And Grug used to live in a cave too. Lol

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much welding, machining, sheet metal, drafting, construction, cabinetmaking, electricity, electronics, mechanics, and auto is being taught in the online school?
None, but I’ve learned/helped my dad with some electric and construction. I have welded. I’ve been helping my dad work on the cars ever since I was really little learning.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
IMG_9567.jpegAnother long day of a trip to the scrap yard, putting up my trellis shed, and making multiple more trailer loads of my stuff to my grandparents farm. Most of my stuff is there now. Not in this picture is my snowmobile which is parked elsewhere on the farm and my 2 Murray lawn tractors which are by the house cuz I’m gonna wash them, as well as my nice shed which contains my chainsaw collection/nicest Honda hrr216/cub cadet wst100/tools and my truck+trailer which are also going elsewhere on the property.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
1:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked an 11 hour day today. The boss ran his UTV out of gas for the 2nd time this week and I had to go safe him lol. I ordered one of them cheap Chinese diesel motors off of eBay for $200. Also got an Allis Chalmers chainsaw in the mail today.

Link to said diesel motor please.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here you go:
Thank you. I'd like to find a 5 to 7hp diesel motor capable of running on waste oil to power a tiller.

One of the things they said about this motor made me chuckle.

"This diesel engine is mainly used for garden, farming and transport from forklifts, bulldozers, to harvesters., and it is widely used in pasture management machines, irrigation and drainage machines, generator sets, small transport vehicles, small walking tractors and other small agricultural machinery fields."

Last edited:

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thank you. I'd like to find a 5 to 7hp diesel motor capable of running on waste oil to power a tiller.

One of the things they said about this motor made chuckle.

"This diesel engine is mainly used for garden, farming and transport from forklifts, bulldozers, to harvesters., and it is widely used in pasture management machines, irrigation and drainage machines, generator sets, small transport vehicles, small walking tractors and other small agricultural machinery fields."
The ad is very funny yes because them Chinese don’t know what the hell they are talking about evidently. LOL. I seen videos online of these things running on waste oil.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The ad is very funny yes because them Chinese don’t know what the hell they are talking about evidently. LOL. I seen videos online of these things running on waste oil.

There definitely things lost in translation. But there's also a common theme of false advertising as well.

From what I could find this particular motor is 3hp.