LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
7:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Bad news: 🙁
Installed new carb and ignition coil, it really sounded like it wanted to start a few times, but there was no spark, we played with wiring, switched from old and new cdi, etc... Nothing worked. Come to find out the cast aluminum or steel or whatever that holds the magneto on is literally broke! Idk how that happens… I was told by a very honest seller that we know personally that it ran/drove 1.5 yrs ago, he’s not exactly mechanically inclined tho with small engines. Plus the rear axle locks up sometimes… plus the brakes don’t work

Attachments

• IMG_8605.jpeg
    IMG_8605.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 8

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
9:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Absorb it all now, it’s good to see that you’re taking speed bumps.

It takes money to make money !
I told him in another thread when he was considering throwing money down a poo hole to stop spending money and spend the 13 weeks off school making it.

In college I had a great job that paid unbelievable wages. I set my own schedule but due to their regulations I could only work 20 hours a week while class was in session. The 1 week we were off at Thanksgiving, 4 weeks at Christmas, and 1 week at Easter I worked a full 40.hrs. Of course the 14 weeks or so during the summer was full 40hrs Monday through Friday 8AM-4PM. I also got vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay.

Now my point is at his age he needs to bust his hind end making money this summer as it will be his last before entering the full time workforce.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday we finally brought my truck home from our other property 2 hours away where I bought it. It did good. It was its first real drive in 1.5 years. I took it to the car wash today to get some of the algae and green from sitting in the woods off. I’ll change the oil this week. It needs a windshield washer fluid line. This Fall I have to replace the right cv joint and tire rods. Overall seems like it’ll be a good truck.
While at the car wash, I saw at the next driveway south was a Hyper Tough push mower for free, of course I took it. Started right up when I got home, tomorrow it’ll be at the end of the driveway for $25.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I put a mower at the end of the driveway here no one would see it other than my dog and the UPS guy....and neither will needs a mower

Last edited:

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I put a mower at the end of the driveway here non one would see it other than my dog and the UPS guy....and neither will needs a mower
👍🏻
We live on Hwy. 17, but in the country with just a few neighbors. We are on 17 acres of farm and woods, but still get lots of traffic which is nice for selling mowers, cars, etc…

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
changed the oil on my truck this morning and I also topped off the diff fluid. Got a little muffler work done on the simplicity mower for resale. Working at my grandma’s farm for the afternoon.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scrap guy would go by and scoop it up here.
The kiddo is trying to sell stuff though. 😀

Many decades ago when my my wife and I were just starting out we bought a house in town. The previous owner actually cleaned it out pretty well. She had a line a trash along the Patsy Street which bordered it to the east.

I was amazed at how many folks came by and picked through it. That taught me a valuable lesson. Every time we bought a in-town rental or did a clean out I piled the chit along the street. Everything the scroungers took was less for me to dispose of.

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a very a honest question for you. Are you really interested in Lawn Boy items? I asking how truly serious you are and do not BS me. This evening got a text from a retired Lawn Boy dealer here asking if I was interested in what he had left. There will not be any large items probably just parts and literature. I have offered you up stuff in the past and you just say .....later. I get your are young. We all were young. I just need to know how serious you are before I go get the stuff.....

Last edited:

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a very a honest question for you. Are you really interested in Lawn Boy items? I asking how truly serious you are and do not BS me. This evening got a text from a retired Lawn Boy dealer here asking if I was interested in what he had left. There will not be any large items probably just parts and literature. I have offered you up stuff in the past and you just say .....later. I get your are young. We all were young. I just need to know how serious you are before I go get the stuff.....
Yes, let me know what you get, I’ll PM you. I’d like some literature and promotional Lawn Boy items, maybe some parts too.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lawn Boy is not stuff I look for so I will probably pass on it unless someone else is interested. Like I said I do not know what is there or how much but it will be an all or nothing deal. I am more interested in the Stihl items. I already missed out on the entire wall display I got all the stuff just not the display.

1718392616408.png

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Windshield install for my truck got postponed for next week. The Simplicity 5211 lawn tractor will be ready for resale next week after the new choke linkage comes. I mowed with it for an hour.
My truck is having some weird brake pulsating issues that we are in the process of attempting to figure out.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is what you get for buying a Chevy. You are lucky it has not rusted in two yet.
The body parts of my truck are super rusty, but the frame is still pretty good actually, lots of surface rust but no holes or cracks. My dad has a 2004 Chevy Colorado, and oh my gosh his frame is terrible, I can post pics tomorrow maybe.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i fought with front rotors warping for a long time, I eventually changed out the rubber hose that drops from the frame to the rear diff with a stainless braided line and since than my front quit warping, I dont think the rears were doing there fair share of braking before the rubber got replaced with a stainless flex line.

my truck is a 1/2 ton so that will make a difference, but cheap rotors are just that cheap, I always try to buy the heaviest rotor when I replace them, the delcos were the heaviest when I took a scale into a parts house many years ago.