The official OPE daycare thread

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope you get all the Simplicity parts you need now before Stihl drives them totally out of business.
I just buy parts from eBay. I got the drive belt from TSC. I got the motor from someone I met. If I need any more parts I’ll just buy them off eBay.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just buy parts from eBay. I got the drive belt from TSC. I got the motor from someone I met. If I need any more parts I’ll just buy them off eBay.
Ebay is fine but local family owned dealers are better. I am not sure how many folks are watching the poop storm coming with Stihl and Simplicity but it will not end well. Good ole Deere will be caught in the middle not knowing what to do.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ebay is fine but local family owned dealers are better. I am not sure how many folks are watching the poop storm coming with Stihl and Simplicity but it will not end well. Good ole Deere will be caught in the middle not knowing what to do.
Am I missing something? Stihl’s zero turns are made by Ferris…

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Am I missing something? Stihl’s zero turns are made by Ferris…
Well stop by a Simplicity dealer and talk with them. See what they have to say. Then go by your Deere dealer and ask which mowers they will be selling.

Reactions: Lnk

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my sons had a F350 4x4, 4 door, 8ft bed, 5 speed, 7.3 as his first vehicle at age 15. Not exactly a perfect first vehicle.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We haven’t had any simplicity dealers around here for years…
We have a servicing Simplicity dealer here. He has been here well over 50 years but basically Stihl has shut down his ability to sell Simplicity.
We no longer have a servicing Stihl dealer. Just box stores, Deere and Farm and Fleet.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
2:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my 2001 silverado just hit 400k a few days ago, still running strong, original motor and transmission.
My 2002 Silverado has 200K on the original motor but the transmission was rebuilt recently. My uncle has a Chevy Avalanche with 400K on the original motor and trans, it’s still his daily driver.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I quit using it for daily errands, I only use it for a shop truck these days, I bought a squarebody and LS swapped it and I daily drive that.

I bought my 01 in 2003 with 20k on it and I am absolutley amazed I still have it and can hop in it and drive it anywhere, couldnt ask for a better truck.