The official OPE daycare thread

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
6:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening folks. Bought the parts tractor for my Allis Chalmers 610 today. The F250 made it home, gotta adjust the linkage tho or something cause when we got it home and really did not want to go in park.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
6:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I worked on my Allis Chalmers 610 today and am confused on what exactly to take apart to swap rear ends with the parts tractor, slowly, but surely. Tried fixing the brake lights and beeping of my truck by cleaning the frame, terminals, and bolts for ground, but no luck, so I took it in to have the codes read for free, that said the left front wheel speed sensor is erratic, that’ll be $80 if it needs to be replaced, but I’ll check wiring first. I bought the new primer bulb for my recently acquired Cub Cadet push mower so I’ll try to get it running tonight or tomorrow. I got the Simplicity 5211 lawn tractor totally ready for resale. Worked at my grandmas farm for a couple hours.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
8:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
on my chevy it intermittanly throws an ABS sensor code for about 1 year and than a hub bearing takes a crap, so check for slop in the hub bearing on that side.
My gorgeous ex-wife used to get so worried about all the sensor lights on the dash. Years ago we bought a almost new Ford Windstar van. I drove it home from the dealer and after that it was all her's. Well shortly after getting it some light came on. She was in panic mode. Turns out she had gotten gas and had not "clicked" the gas cap tight enough. Do not even get me started with her fear of tire pressure sensor lights.

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
9:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My gorgeous ex-wife used to get so worried about all the sensor lights on the dash. Years ago we bought a almost new Ford Windstar van. I drove it home from the dealer and after that it was all her's. Well shortly after getting it some light came on. She was in panic mode. Turns out she had gotten gas and had not "clicked" the gas cap tight enough. Do not even get me started with her fear of tire pressure sensor lights.
Did your Windstar ever crack the rear axle? Apparently there was a recall for that. My wife's broke. Weird!

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Did your Windstar ever crack the rear axle? Apparently there was a recall for that. My wife's broke. Weird!
There is a good chance if there was a recall we got the postcards in the mail and I ignored them. It was a 2002. It never cracked that I know of but if I get a chance and can find a pic in the boxes tonight I will post what it looked like in the end. Lots of damage "self inflicted damage" and tons of fun

Lnk

Stock Chainsaws do not suck!
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There is a good chance if there was a recall we got the postcards in the mail and I ignored them. It was a 2002. It never cracked that I know of but if I get a chance and can find a pic in the boxes tonight I will post what it looked like in the end. Lots of damage "self inflicted damage" and tons of fun
My wife's was getting long in the tooth, and was beginning to have some problems. We were traveling back and forth 5 times a year. Went to Ford to buy another one, they didn't make one anymore. Just had the transit and the transit connect. So I bought a Honda, as it was the most American made minivan at the time. Only put 18k on it in the last 7 years.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had had a few of the 2002 minivans. I am not sure which survived the demo the longest but chit they were fun

Farmchuck

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife's was getting long in the tooth, and was beginning to have some problems. We were traveling back and forth 5 times a year. Went to Ford to buy another one, they didn't make one anymore. Just had the transit and the transit connect. So I bought a Honda, as it was the most American made minivan at the time. Only put 18k on it in the last 7 years.
My sister in law had a 2000 something Honda Odyssey mini van with over 350,000 miles on it when the tranny finally gave up. It was also pretty rusted out by then. She still claims it was the best kid hauler they ever owned.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good Morning Randy! I’m a day late and a dollar short!

I know that feeling well. A week ago Wednesday my Mother called me by mistake. I had not talked to her in close to a year. As we were talking her husband brought in the mail with a birthday card for her. She commented about it being 10 days early. I knew her birthday was June 22 and I am normally late getting cards out but dammit I was going to send one on time this year..................................

It is in the mailbox now, today, June 22, her birthday.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The 2002 Windstar was a powerful van. It was reasonably comfortable to drive but liked gas. It got driven a lot and racked up the miles in short order. I was worried with my wife driving the miles she did each day that it would start breaking down. We have monthly GSA government vehicle auctions here that I used to attend. As much as I do not trust our government they are generally pretty damn honest with the vehicles they sell. If it has an issue they disclose it. I bought a low mile 2002 Dodge Caravan from the GSA auction for her to drive. I then drove the Windstar. When her 2002 Caravan was getting rougher I bought a 2010 Dodge Caravan at the GSA sale. I then drove the 2002 Dodge and parked the Windstar. The 2002 Dodge was a sweet driving van. It was very comfortable and did decent on fuel. I hated the 2010 and so did she. That thing was a pig. It got stuck in our flat driveway and I had to pull it out.

The funny thing is when we first got the 2002 Windstar I told our oldest son it would be first first vehicle at 16. He said "Dad I will drive it straight to the junkyard I am not driving a van" He was set on a big diesel truck. He got a 1997 F-350 4x4, full 4 door, longbed, with a 7.3. It was nothing but a money pit and guess what, the ole Windstar was a spare by then. He ended up driving the Windstar when his truck was broke down which was a lot. Now in the end he did take the Windstar to the junkyard but it was on the flatbed after it went through the minivan figure 8 demo derby. The 2002 Dodge went through the demo also.