Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am an equal opportunity offender in making fun of vehicles but Chevy is #1 in junk. I have never owned a Chevy truck...... never will.
Ford is #1 in sales for a reason.
They do have issues but damn hard to beat their history over time.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i fought with front rotors warping for a long time, I eventually changed out the rubber hose that drops from the frame to the rear diff with a stainless braided line and since than my front quit warping, I dont think the rears were doing there fair share of braking before the rubber got replaced with a stainless flex line.

my truck is a 1/2 ton so that will make a difference, but cheap rotors are just that cheap, I always try to buy the heaviest rotor when I replace them, the delcos were the heaviest when I took a scale into a parts house many years ago.
A cheap rotor will wobble no matter what. I am not sure if good ones can even be bought anymore.

Thanks CHINA

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
exactly, there all from china these days, Napa and autozone front end tie rods had damn near the same part #, cant remember exact specifics but outter tie rod at AZ was a 3261, and at Napa was something link A3261, same damn cheesy as part both didnt even have a zerk to greese them.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to admit it but when it comes to brake parts I have been a cheap SOB. I would just go to AutoZone and buy whatever the middle of the road was that had a lifetime warranty. Seriously who in hell warranties pads, rotors , and calipers? They would do it. I had (3) Dodge minivans. When the junk Chicom went bad I just took them back and said give me more. I got damn good at brake jobs.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am an equal opportunity offender in making fun of vehicles but Chevy is #1 in junk. I have never owned a Chevy truck...... never will.
Ford is #1 in sales for a reason.
They do have issues but damn hard to beat their history over time.
I'm the same I trash talk all of them especially fords, dont own any fix or repair dailys, have 3 chevys a dodge and a toyota.

I have owned a few good fords though, I have alot of respect for the early 90's fuel injected 302's and 351's, but when they came out with the overhead cam stuff is when they lost me all together, have owned none newer than 94 or 95.

trucks and cars are just tools to me, they all have a job to do and thats it.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm the same I trash talk all of them especially fords, dont own any fix or repair dailys, have 3 chevys a dodge and a toyota.

I have owned a few good fords though, I have alot of respect for the early 90's fuel injected 302's and 351's, but when they came out with the overhead cam stuff is when they lost me all together, have owned none newer than 94 or 95.

trucks and cars are just tools to me, they all have a job to do and thats it.
You apparently have never had a 2.3 Ford. They have been overhead cam since the 1970's and were one hell of an engine. Esslinger had them tuned in well in the early 1990s. When I raced them there was no way in hell any Chevy could even come close. Look at the Daytona Dash cars. I doubt you saw anything but a 2.3 SOHC.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
those are good, ive never owned one but have seem them burning alcohol at the race track making tons of power, chevy never did anything to shake a stick at those, rangers with those motors were pretty damn solid trucks as well

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They were a helluva engine and dominant here in the dirt track and asphalt track racing 4 cyl classes. I have to also say with equal credit that virtually no one tried running anything but a small block Chevy in the every other class.

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening all. Filled out an application for Van Der Geest farms today. The guys came and installed the new windshield in my truck this morning. Did some brake work on my truck yesterday. Probably going to buy a parts tractor for my Allis Chalmers this week. I’m having some weird back pains when I breathe in this evening.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good evening all. Filled out an application for Van Der Geest farms today...........
Now that might be the most sensible thing I have heard you do. The nice mature woman I spoke with up there last week was awesome.

Last edited:

LAWN BOY

Pothole
Local time
3:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I acquired a Cub Cadet push mower today as well as a Homelite XL875 chainsaw. We worked on the horses hooves/feet for 2 hours this morning. Going to bring my dad’s F250 back home from the mechanic tomorrow, it had the wiring and rear brakes fixed.

Reactions: Lnk

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I acquired a Cub Cadet push mower today as well as a Homelite XL875 chainsaw. We worked on the horses hooves/feet for 2 hours this morning. Going to bring my dad’s F250 back home from the mechanic tomorrow, it had the wiring and rear brakes fixed.
What year F250?

Lnk

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
6:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The body, frame, and some other things is 1989. Unknown year of navistar 7.3 idi non turbo diesel motor. Transmission and some other things are another year. The previous owner put together a few parts trucks to make this one.
Does that have the sterling rear axle?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag