MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn't buy the 850 on Feebay.I bought it on FB McCulloch North America where I'm a member there.I bought a PM55 from the same guy last winter & it turned out to be a great running saw once I cleaned out a handful of sawdust out of the oil tank.It probably pissed him off that I got a good running saw,Lol.After this last "transaction" though I'll never buy from him again.I confronted the seller about the saw & he said he's been selling saws for 25 yrs.(not on FB) & he said he never had someone as "knit-picky" as me.I told him I don't take things laying down.I've been taking pics of the mess & condition of the saw from the day I got it & I plan on doing an expose'.The thing that ticks me off the most is if he was as honest as he claimed to be he would've offered me at least a partial refund,but not even a penny.Every dog has his day.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I rebuilt the carb today & here's a pic of the inlet screen after the dumb ass ran fuel through the corroded tank with no filter.
It has a very slow leak down of 1 psi/min.
thumbnail.jpg

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cross-posted, can anyone tell me if this tail profile will fit my CP125? The slot works but I think the tail is too tall.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is there a picture of the bar you're trying to mount up?
Oops, a pic would help. I mocked it up on the 640 and I think the tail is too wide/tall for a 125. My guess is the bar is intended for a big ol' gear drive instead.
IMG_1211.JPG IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1218.JPG

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, that's what I figured. Looks like the CP125 is getting a n.o.s. 36" General hard nose bar!
I should clarify, the same guy that gave me the 42" bar has a n.o.s. 36" General bar that'll fit the 125, so I'll pick that up from him and run it unless someone here wants it for a museum/show piece.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I posted this over on AS, just wanted to pass it along here as well.

Sometimes you just have to share...

I noted a few pages back that I had brought home my older brother Ray's collection of saws as his cancer has progressed to the point that he is divesting all of his mechanical possessions so his wife and daughters won't have to deal with that when the time comes.

On Saturday I received a call from my younger brother Ed's doctor that I needed to get to the hospital in Wausau, WI as quickly as possible as he is not expected to last much longer. He's been diabetic since age 6 and in the last couple of years has had several bad infections that have gotten into his blood. He recently broke his shoulder (dogs on a leash) and turned an ankle but had an infection in his foot that had gone too far. They amputated the foot and ankle but the infection has spread throughout his body affecting his heart, lungs, kidneys, and clots causing at least two strokes. I am here now waiting for space to clear in hospice where they will move him when possible.

2010 GTG in Grantsburg, WI at the JD Glover (Grandpatractor) place. Ed on the left, Ray on the right, and McCulloch saws to keep it on track.

DSCN1054.jpg

Mark

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I posted this over on AS, just wanted to pass it along here as well.

Sometimes you just have to share...

I noted a few pages back that I had brought home my older brother Ray's collection of saws as his cancer has progressed to the point that he is divesting all of his mechanical possessions so his wife and daughters won't have to deal with that when the time comes.

On Saturday I received a call from my younger brother Ed's doctor that I needed to get to the hospital in Wausau, WI as quickly as possible as he is not expected to last much longer. He's been diabetic since age 6 and in the last couple of years has had several bad infections that have gotten into his blood. He recently broke his shoulder (dogs on a leash) and turned an ankle but had an infection in his foot that had gone too far. They amputated the foot and ankle but the infection has spread throughout his body affecting his heart, lungs, kidneys, and clots causing at least two strokes. I am here now waiting for space to clear in hospice where they will move him when possible.

2010 GTG in Grantsburg, WI at the JD Glover (Grandpatractor) place. Ed on the left, Ray on the right, and McCulloch saws to keep it on track.

View attachment 345354

Mark

That is terrible news Mark. Keeping you and your entire family in our prayers.

sawfun

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Mark, I'm sorry for you and your family at this time. You've got your hands full for sure, best wishes for all of you.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My brother Ed passed away just a little after 4:00 PM today.

Mark

Roadfxr

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very sorry for your loss Mark. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.