Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Steve & @Dream - perfect, thank you both for writing all that out for me! I wish I had access to a blasting cabinet. I actually bought this large air compressor to do a dyi baking soda blaster for a motocross case I cleaned up back in 2012...no cabinet just a huge mess but it worked, lol. I'm going to look into getting an actual cabinet.

Another question. What spray paint is similar to this mcculloch black paint? It almost looks like a wrinkle paint. I accidentally blew off most of it on the air filter top cover.

Rust-Oleum satin black crinkle paint is a perfect match.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Steve - Awesome thanks for including the paint code!

One last quick question - do I need to coat the tank with a liner after cleaning / blasting?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
2:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope I am not asking too many questions!

Should I get one of these fuel line bushing kits or just a regular molded fuel line? This one comes with the rubber gas tank gasket.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184845059186
@heimannm showed a way to use bulk buna-n grommets and honda fuel line to do something similar for significantly less. If you haven't ordered the LRB kit yet I can send you the links to the stuff you'd need.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've run into a bit of a problem with 2 Walbro HDB carbs for the 610s.They won't hold any pressure at all,which is telling me that those damn check valves are no good.I've got the check valves here (new),I have no idea where they are located in these carbs,or how to replace them.
I also have a Zama C2S carb that I have no idea how to put the diaphragms back in (the correct order & how many to put in on pump side).I thought I had enough carbs to complete my saw projects yrs.ago,but it looks like I'm 2 carbs short.
I dug out 610 #3 today & it looks like this one only needs a good carb on it.I found some carbs on Feebay,but I'm not paying $50 or $60 for them.I then went on chainsawr & he has a Zama carb for $20 & the insulator I need,but he wants more than $13 to ship.I'm waiting to see if Woody Strohmen has any.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've run into a bit of a problem with 2 Walbro HDB carbs for the 610s.They won't hold any pressure at all,which is telling me that those damn check valves are no good.I've got the check valves here (new),I have no idea where they are located in these carbs,or how to replace them.
I also have a Zama C2S carb that I have no idea how to put the diaphragms back in (the correct order & how many to put in on pump side).I thought I had enough carbs to complete my saw projects yrs.ago,but it looks like I'm 2 carbs short.
I dug out 610 #3 today & it looks like this one only needs a good carb on it.I found some carbs on Feebay,but I'm not paying $50 or $60 for them.I then went on chainsawr & he has a Zama carb for $20 & the insulator I need,but he wants more than $13 to ship.I'm waiting to see if Woody Strohmen has any.
FYI, when I buy from chainsawr I usually get a message saying their shipping calculator was off, it over-estimated the shipping and they typically refund me ~$5.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Woodslasher - Yes please do send! Thank you. I havent ordered anything yet. Wanted to think a bit more on it.
It's pretty straightforward, just cut the new line to the same length as the old one (I add some extra so I can cut the ends at an angle to slide easier) and (as I recall) install the grommet in the tank and then slide the line through the grommet. Some lube/oil is your friend, and I'd recommend doing it while the tank is split.
Grommets:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/254470297800
Fuel line:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/163364343010

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Clint,3 yrs.ago in Feb.I bought a truckload of saws & parts too.I still haven't gotten through all the saws yet,but I bought others too.In that truckload was my nearly completely destroyed DE80 that I parted back together & a Super 6-10A.I think there were only about 5 Macs,the rest were all Homies.Lots & lots of parts,Lol.Take your time going through things & it'll keep you busy for a looooong time,Lol.

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ed - the check valve does not affect whether the carburetor will hold pressure or not. The needle and seat are the only things that impact the carburetor holding pressure, the check valve is "down stream" from the needle & seat and only come into play when the carburetor is filled with fuel and running. The purpose of the check valve is to prevent atmospheric pressure from pushing fuel from the wet side of the diaphragm out the idle holes when running a lot or part throttle.

upload_2022-3-11_7-38-6.png

Mark