MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like everyone has opinions on paint but the question was about powder.
Prismatic Powders' Daffodil Yellow #USS-1571. Four are powder coated. Other two factory paint
View attachment 328825
Thanks! I have a local powdercoater, and have been trying to decide on a color, prismatic is his brand as well! Nice collection indeed

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got a couple of PM510s that I've been meaning to get to.I had one of 'em running for a short time about 3 yrs.ago & then it quit.No spark,like yours Vinny I suspect the condenser went bad.The other 510 was given to me about 4 yrs.ago &* I've never touched it other than to find that it has no spark as well.Depending on what happens weather-wise in March,I might just get at one of 'em.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i spent the morning cleaning and putting back together the free pm510. I thought before i get too far i better check spark....guess what? No spark. So off the flywheel and checked the points. Not quite set to spec but extremely clean. Possible condenser. So i swapped out with an old dented one from a drawer and bingo. Spark!! So back together it went. Out to the garage for some fuel and pull. No go for like 20 pulls. Daggone. So next a shot of ether. Bang it fired right up and actually ran. Little tune and idles great and runs fantastic!! Nice little saw to match the pm515 i got last year. I guess i need a sp40 now. Uuuugh it never ends..lol
Like my SP40.
Cool little saw.
0808211345.jpg

MedicineMan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are actually SP125s in GA?
Had no idea.
Very nice BTW.
I got too many. Its an illness. Kept buying parts saws on ebay a few years ago and kept turning them into runners. Bright side is folks around here know I have big saws so they call me to cut up the rare massive trees when one blows down. Saves me from needing a gym membership. If you're ever down this way I'll trade you one for some of that purty elberton granite.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got too many. Its an illness. Kept buying parts saws on ebay a few years ago and kept turning them into runners. Bright side is folks around here know I have big saws so they call me to cut up the rare massive trees when one blows down. Saves me from needing a gym membership. If you're ever down this way I'll trade you one for some of that purty elberton granite.
Sounds like a good trade.
Plenty of rocks up here.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well as far as chainsaws and women I've had two wives Both as is a womens nature needed to beech about something and it was chainsaws to name one .Okay here's how that goes .I don't live in the bars ,don't spend my life drunk ,going on long hunting or fishing trips .plus I'm a damned good provider .I went to work often 7 days a week 12 or more hours a day how's about a little slack here .I'm not married at the moment but do have a live in companion I've known since we were both ten years old .She doesn't say one thing about those chainsaws which is fine with me .

Vinnywv

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, thats awesome. Ive had a similiar conversation and all the beech trees stopped. Now she just laughs and says so what saw did we buy this time? Wow i own another saw?! Lol. And i dont have that many really compared to some...44 isnt too many, right?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think I have 45-50 maybe. However any more it has to fill a certain criteria ,rare ,cheap or able to be modified .Which is why for the most part I'm not interested in consumer saws unless they are free .I've got plenty of the later which all ran at one time and may or may not in the future .

MedicineMan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Lol, thats awesome. Ive had a similiar conversation and all the beech trees stopped. Now she just laughs and says so what saw did we buy this time? Wow i own another saw?! Lol. And i dont have that many really compared to some...44 isnt too many, right?
Makes me feel like an amateur. I guess I'm right at 30. I need to man up and tell her who wears the pants....or maybe not cause it proly ain't me.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it considered a problem if you cant remember how many you have?:)
As far as the yellow ones, I think theres at least 3 each 1010S and As here, plus parts saws.
3 PM700s. Only one runs.
Enough parts to "probably" put together a 650 McCinderblock.
A 7-10A that probably needs a twin or two.;)
Mini Macs by the droves. They seem to reproduce here for some reason...
A poor little 1-10 RHS.
Probably a couple I forgot.

Then theres other colors too. I dont discriminate.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've given a few away also and done repair work for a 12 pack of beer .Now if I don't get the beer they get fired ,simple as that .I've never charged a trimmer bud except for the parts .He has a bucket truck, skid loader plus an entire crew I can get by a phone call .However over the years I've lost track of how much stuff I've welded together ,changed an entire Hi Ranger boom set up and restrung two bucket trucks and drilled the knives out of a brush chipper .I finally got through his hard head to use Never Cease on those high carbon steel cap screws .Good stuff !

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've given a few away also and done repair work for a 12 pack of beer .Now if I don't get the beer they get fired ,simple as that .I've never charged a trimmer bud except for the parts .He has a bucket truck, skid loader plus an entire crew I can get by a phone call .However over the years I've lost track of how much stuff I've welded together ,changed an entire Hi Ranger boom set up and restrung two bucket trucks and drilled the knives out of a brush chipper .I finally got through his hard head to use Never Cease on those high carbon steel cap screws .Good stuff !

The only condition that I put on a giveaway saw is that they're not to sell it. But just like the old adage goes never lend money unless you plan on not getting it back.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought I'd pass this along - Bob J.has a case of the shingles.I had a younger fella call me today looking for a clutch side seal for his 10-10S.He's been trying Bob's for the last few days & got no answer (as I have too),so he called Buford Parrish to get the low down.Buford referred him to me knowing that I was a Mac collector.I told him to use the SKF6119.He had no idea he could use SKF seals.I know Bob told me he was going to be closed all last week so he could catch up on orders.I thought it rather odd that he didn't open back up on Mon.I have no idea how long his shop will be closed due to this illness.

On a lighter note,I started tearing into my Super 10-10 to find out why the automatic oiler didn't work.I found thge problem right away - it's a manual oiler only,Lol.I've got a few automatic oil pumps here that I could put one in & convert it.I'll be taking the tank handle off anyway for a thorough cleaning & sere what's up with the muffler.Either it's missing some screws that vibrated out,or the gasket is gone.Time will tell.I always wondered why this saw was so snappy.It has an SDC16 carb on it!Finding that out & with the compression it has,I have no doubt it could handle a 20 in.bar on it.

MedicineMan

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Is it considered a problem if you cant remember how many you have?:)
As far as the yellow ones, I think theres at least 3 each 1010S and As here, plus parts saws.
3 PM700s. Only one runs.
Enough parts to "probably" put together a 650 McCinderblock.
A 7-10A that probably needs a twin or two.;)
Mini Macs by the droves. They seem to reproduce here for some reason...
A poor little 1-10 RHS.
Probably a couple I forgot.

Then theres other colors too. I dont discriminate.
I have a yellow and black bundle of joy that I'd like to send your way. I have a buddy who flies in and out of Athens-Ben Epps pretty regularly. I can have him take it up if you can swing over and get it. No payment wanted.