MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a yellow and black bundle of joy that I'd like to send your way. I have a buddy who flies in and out of Athens-Ben Epps pretty regularly. I can have him take it up if you can swing over and get it. No payment wanted.
Its another Mini Mac, isnt it?:D
Just PM me if you like. I'm in and out of town a lot with work, but I'm sure I could make it.

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ebay Pro Mac 60 is on track to be here Friday! Very excited.

Plus my bench is clear. I just finished up my neighbors saw last night. That little home owner saw pissed me off. I had to take the clutch on & off 86 times to get the new oil pump working right. It does cut extremely well for it's size and price though.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My ebay Pro Mac 60 is on track to be here Friday! Very excited.

Plus my bench is clear. I just finished up my neighbors saw last night. That little home owner saw pissed me off. I had to take the clutch on & off 86 times to get the new oil pump working right. It does cut extremely well for it's size and price though.
Only ever seen a couple of pictures of a PM60, and I'm sure that was on here.
Sounds like a cool saw!

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's a long drive from Idaho. They didn't grow up here. They were all imported from the Pacific Northwest via Fleabay. Before the prices got so crazy.
Yeah, i bought my Homelite super 1050A off a shop floor and asked the owner where they got and he said some older fellow moved here from out west and traded it in. Oddity in South Carolina.

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got ther rest of the Super 10-10 pulled apart today.I had my first experience with a reed muffler.The saw would sound normal one minut & then sound like it had a hole in it the next minute.I pulled the muffler apart & everything was fine,no broken reed.So I just put it back on the saw & said to hell with it.I also put an automatic oil pump in it too as long as I had the tank handle off.We'll see if it works or not.I got it all cleaned off too.It wasn't really that bad,I know I've seen a helluva lot worse.I really don't think this saw has seen that much run time.I started putting it back together & ran into a problem with the rear handle bolt not wanting to line up with the boss.I forgot to put the cylinder shield on & had to loosen upall the bolts again,slide the shield in place & unbeknown to me it pushed the switch wire in front of the shield which prevented the rear holes to line up.I went to put the FW cover on & noticed there was no switch wire present.I found it wedged in front of the shield.A pair of needle nose pliers helped to get that wire back in place.I had to quit at 6:40 because I was all funned out for the day.All that needs to be done is put the carb back on & the bar & chain.I hope tomorrow goes a lot better than today did.

Heavy

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:18 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you think of the mac 120, are these little saws good, has anyone been working with them? Problems? Regards

Vinnywv

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My opinion only...the mini macs when they run they run great. When they dont they are a pain. I have a few and they run well. Fun saws and easy to use. Just difficult to work on. Ive been given all but 2 of the ones i have. I bought a eb 2.0 for 5 bucks at a flea market. And i did buy a pm155 off ebay. I have 3 others that were all given to me. They multiply on there own it seems.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never exactly figured out a reason for a reed muffler .Most of them are rusted shut any way . I had once thought it was to act like a so called "power valve " used on KTM trail bike exhausts but I'm still not convinced of that .At any rate I have several of those covers some place as I avoid using them .McCullochs ,reed valve or piston port seem to do better with less restrictive exhausts .They do however get a tad bit louder . .

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After wasting another half day on the Super 10-10 I'm going to set it aside for a bit or it might become a flying saw.I've got to pull the carb again to see why it won't pull fuel.I'm not pulling the carb apart as there's nothing wrong with it.I had the saw fired up before I made the mistake of pulling it apart.I should've left the tank handle on & accepted the fact that it was a manual only saw.I could've pulled the muffler & that would've been fine. Has anyone ever worked on an Eager Beaver 2.3?I was under the impression that it has the same throttle cable as the PM 300 series,but after looking at the IPL,it's got a throttle rod?I bought this saw a couple of weeks ago & haven't done much to it other than put a new fuel filter in it.The throttle wants to hang up like the 300 series when the cable sheath is broken.I think I'll need to pull the carb on that for a rebuild too.The guy I bought the saw from said it was a bear,then he put it away about 4 yrs.ago & when he took it back out of storage it wouldn't run.I don't know if he stored it with fuel in it or not.It would only run on a prime after he brought it out of storage.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do you think of the mac 120, are these little saws good, has anyone been working with them? Problems? Regards
I have a 130.
Picked it up in a box for 5 bucks at a local shop.
Put it together, and it ran, but the oiler wasnt working right. Big air leak and bar oil back into the crankcase.
Fixed that with a "better" oiler pump from one of the boxes of parts.
Its a pristine little saw.
Runs well, but its cold-blooded as all heck. Maybe I just need to go through the carb?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Try as I have I could never repair the oil pump on a mini .I usually block the impulse lock the piston in place and use the thumb oiler which works very well in spite of the funky pump . Actually the mini could have been a neat little saw with better parts .

edju1958

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found the problem with the S10-10 last night while getting ready for bed.I dropped a bottle of eye drops & leaned over to p[ick them up & laying on the floor in plain sight (fopr a normal person) was the tank gasket.It must've fallen out when I was getting the tank handle lined up.Now I must tear the saw completely apart again.

I guess from now on I'll have to make 2 separate posts.On the above post I hit my enter button twice (like I did here) & it was supposed to have a space in between the post about the S10-10 & the E.B.2.3.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
4:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I found the problem with the S10-10 last night while getting ready for bed.I dropped a bottle of eye drops & leaned over to p[ick them up & laying on the floor in plain sight (fopr a normal person) was the tank gasket.It must've fallen out when I was getting the tank handle lined up.Now I must tear the saw completely apart again.

I guess from now on I'll have to make 2 separate posts.On the above post I hit my enter button twice (like I did here) & it was supposed to have a space in between the post about the S10-10 & the E.B.2.3.
Just as an FYI, you can go back and edit a post. Just go back push the edit button on your post, and make the edit. You can go to “more options” and make more advance edits, like adding a pic or attaching a pic to a post that was instead of in the box below the post.

edit, just a test for you.
In the standard forum posts you can edit, I believe, indefinitely, in a pm it’s limited

Last edited: