High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys Hockfire Saws

MCCULLOCH The official McCulloch thread

Clint53

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Here's one for all of you Mac nuts that I did up. A Pro 10-10 Automatic completely rebuilt, powder coated, electronic ignition conversion and port work with a huge defector for even extra loudness.
Had more pics but they won't load on the site.
View attachment 328665
Here's a vidja instead.
One thing I can't show is how much pull this saw has, I'm pushing a crap old chain in har dry Ash and the motor just bucks right up and takes it.
Pretty sweet old saw. @mirage

Super sweet saw Stump. Nice vid also.
Put the porting numbers on Ebay and I'll bid on them.
I know where they is a 7-10 unused one mile from me. I've been trying to get it going on two years.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
McCulloch color should be OSHA safety yellow . That or I think some call it sunburst yellow . Partner yellow from my perspective is about one shade lighter .

Vinnywv

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So i spent the morning cleaning and putting back together the free pm510. I thought before i get too far i better check spark....guess what? No spark. So off the flywheel and checked the points. Not quite set to spec but extremely clean. Possible condenser. So i swapped out with an old dented one from a drawer and bingo. Spark!! So back together it went. Out to the garage for some fuel and pull. No go for like 20 pulls. Daggone. So next a shot of ether. Bang it fired right up and actually ran. Little tune and idles great and runs fantastic!! Nice little saw to match the pm515 i got last year. I guess i need a sp40 now. Uuuugh it never ends..lol

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
8:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rustoleum Sunburst yellow is a good substitute for the later Pro Mac saws that were a bit darker/more reddish. Industrial Safety yellow and some John Deere yellow are a pretty good match for the older SP models.

Vinny - if you need the flywheel cover/starter or clutch cover/brake for the SP40 or PM510 models I've got you covered. The SP40 used a short Mini Mac type clutch cover/brake and the PM510/515 used a longer cover that extended over the muffler.

Mark

Vinnywv

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rustoleum Sunburst yellow is a good substitute for the later Pro Mac saws that were a bit darker/more reddish. Industrial Safety yellow and some John Deere yellow are a pretty good match for the older SP models.

Vinny - if you need the flywheel cover/starter or clutch cover/brake for the SP40 or PM510 models I've got you covered. The SP40 used a short Mini Mac type clutch cover/brake and the PM510/515 used a longer cover that extended over the muffler.

Mark
Thankyou mark. I may hit you up on a clutch cover. I cant help myself but wanting to swap parts out all the time. I dont have a sp40 but with the right parts....no one would know.