Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
12:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the real question, at this point, is the saw worth it?

Could you sell that saw for $1200? I bet after all the nickel and dime stuff, new piston from another saw and replate the cylinder, plus you time is worth something wether you think so or not, the answers is no.

But, it may be to someone and that's great! Just not worth it to me. :)

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:17 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Could you sell that saw for $1200? I bet after all the nickel and dime stuff, new piston from another saw and replate the cylinder, plus you time is worth something wether you think so or not, the answers is no.

But, it may be to someone and that's great! Just not worth it to me. :)
Yuppers, I understand that loud-n-clear.
It would have to have sentimental value or a challenge factor now.
The remainder of that power head is in such nice shape.... to bad it couldn't be sleeved like some of the 4-strokers.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
10:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel sick. I asked the guy that had the 8200 if he had the bottom brace laying around and he responded that he threw it and the full wrap attached to it into the dump last week along with a bunch of Eager Beavers. No, I'm not joking.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I feel sick. I asked the guy that had the 8200 if he had the bottom brace laying around and he responded that he threw it and the full wrap attached to it into the dump last week along with a bunch of Eager Beavers. No, I'm not joking.
That is very sad.

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is very sad.

Yes..., an Eager Beaver is a terrible thing to waste. I'd be finding out where that dump is.

Gotta wonder why the guy took off the bottom brace with a full wrap handle and junked it just to turn around and put a half wrap back on it. Same bottom brace as a PM800 and others, btw. The additional plate is optional.

And anyone else wonder what's wrong with that piston pic? I wouldn't be surprised if/when that saw gets torn down there will be gobs of excessive sealant in the case with the cylinder having zero aluminum transfer, but a ton of smeared and baked streaks of sealant everywhere. Mine was like that, but not nearly as bad. I was actually able to salvage the piston in mine. I've seen other pics that look eerily similar and suspect a major production screw-up with the sealant on some of these saws. Have a thread on it somewhere, maybe over on AS..., or maybe covered it in this thread a few years ago. I'll look for it in case anyone may be interested.

Last edited: