Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's the way I am now.
I want to be perfectly clear I have a tremendous amount of respect for those who do not "work" on Sunday. Now I put work in quotes because many folks have a different view of what classifies as work. My my dear grandmother used to cook a huge Sunday dinner. Some folks do not view that as work but I sure do. During trapping season Dad would head to the river to run traps before dawn and make it back for dinner. Grandpa would head out at dawn to run the traps on the creeks and ditches. He would make it back for dinner. After dinner he would skin his catch and that night grab the dogs to coon hunt. Dad would do afternoon chores and skin that night. I see all of that as work but I know today things have changed........not for the better either.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I take care of my animals on Sunday but that’s all. I won’t cut hay if I figure it’ll be ready Sunday. I don’t do crops Sunday even if weather outlook is *s-word Monday. Always been that way I intend to keep it that way

There is nothing wrong with that at all. We all just had off-farm business interests that take up a lot of time. My Grandpa was born in 1898 and I never knew him not to have work to do that did not need done 7 days a week.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We don’t normally do major things on Sunday unless we’re harvesting. One kiddo was riding with me and another with Pops so family time was still active. Church in the morning before starting of course.

This belt would have gone kaboom Monday as well the way it looks. I knew it was getting some age in it but was hoping to get through this season and go through multiple belts and more major things this winter. It’s nice and warm in the shop in the winter and we like to do big things then but alas, we’re doing this one now. Shouldn’t be too bad to do but it’ll take a little time as this is the first rotor belt I’ve ever done so I gotta figure it all out lol

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
7:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We don’t normally do major things on Sunday unless we’re harvesting. One kiddo was riding with me and another with Pops so family time was still active. Church in the morning before starting of course.

This belt would have gone kaboom Monday as well the way it looks. I knew it was getting some age in it but was hoping to get through this season and go through multiple belts and more major things this winter. It’s nice and warm in the shop in the winter and we like to do big things then but alas, we’re doing this one now. Shouldn’t be too bad to do but it’ll take a little time as this is the first rotor belt I’ve ever done so I gotta figure it all out lol
They’re a little bit of a pain in the dick. What machine are you working on?

Reactions: Lnk

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They’re a little bit of a pain in the dick. What machine are you working on?
‘04 2388. It actually wasn’t as bad as I thought it’d be. What was as bad as I thought it’d be was replacing the shoe/tailings/clean grain belt. It was getting worn and with the way things were going I figured it was next.

Then I decided to replace the clean grain drive chain and the darn thing ran itself out so I had to rethread it from the top. Harvest is barely underway and we’ve been sitting more than moving.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a very productive day yesterday for once !! We finished with soybeans with zero combine issues.
IMG_2271.jpeg

All finished and looking happy about it.
IMG_2276.jpeg

Once the combine was back in the shed we moved right into rolling up more bean straw. We got 152 up yesterday off of 52 acres. Last year off the same field I only got 141 corn straw bales. Bonkers.
IMG_2277.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a very productive day yesterday for once !! We finished with soybeans with zero combine issues.
View attachment 435646

All finished and looking happy about it.
View attachment 435647

Once the combine was back in the shed we moved right into rolling up more bean straw. We got 152 up yesterday off of 52 acres. Last year off the same field I only got 141 corn straw bales. Bonkers.
View attachment 435648
That bar thing up front of your combine head. What is it ? Blower? You like it?

JimBear

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks like an air reel/head, my brother had one & didn’t like it. Once you go to a Draper head you won’t need an air reel/head.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 435684Cuz had a gearbox go out
Yikes that stinks. How many separator hours on the machine ?

That bar thing up front of your combine head. What is it ? Blower? You like it?
Crary Wind System. It blows air through the silver pipes towards the cutter bar to help blow short beans and anything that shells out into and onto the header.

I spent more on it than the head and don’t regret any part of it !!

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^ oops I see Jbl already answered they’ll also blow the rolling ones in. I don’t have one but I’ve considered them in the past. Never read anyone who didn’t like them. I also never had one so I can’t say.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yikes that stinks. How many separator hours on the machine ?

Crary Wind System. It blows air through the silver pipes towards the cutter bar to help blow short beans and anything that shells out into and onto the header.

I spent more on it than the head and don’t regret any part of it !!
It’s my cousins I’ve never asked him. It’s got less than our red one.

jblnut

Flabs of Stihl
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
^ oops I see Jbl already answered they’ll also blow the rolling ones in. I don’t have one but I’ve considered them in the past. Never read anyone who didn’t like them. I also never had one so I can’t say.
If I had to give a complaint I’d say it takes a ton of power. It is nice though because you can hear the fan slow down when the combine lugs down so you have a different hum tone to listen for to use as a gauge.

With the fan off there are beans all over the cutter bar and the short beans don’t fall in nicely. With it in its nice and clean and feeds so nicely.

Doing 300ish acres/yr and saving even 1bu/a it’ll be paid for in 5yrs. I think it saves more than that. The year I installed it we averaged 32bu/a and the beans were bone dry when we got to them. It was rainy and wet and the fields were too muddy to combine so I had to wait a lot longer than I wanted. When I got in them I literally watched the beans fly out of the pods anytime the reel hit them and saw them fall into the air stream and onto the cutter bar. If I can see that from the cab I’d say it was paid for in that one year alone. We also had closer to 500a of beans that year and they were in that $17 area so I think t paid for itself the first year I had it.