Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
Yearly GoldMember
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The guys that put up 2000 plus bales a year have gone to keeping count on the balers year to year, and when they get close to 12,000 bales, they trade em in and get a new one.
This year, in all its weirdness, 2 neighbors went in and bought a third baler identical to theirs, as a spare...
Parts shortage, and they both nearing 15,000 on their machines.
Strange times.... I called S&H about a new 50hp utility tractor for the kids, and got told they had none... might be a couple months before they get some in, and several are already spoken for..
Had someone just the other day mention that about tractors. When they get in they are already sold.

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My tractor weighs 3500 lbs without equipment/attachments and Kioti used to rate the PTO HP but now doesn't list it, I think it was 35-38 PTO HP. If I could find someone to tune the tractor it would be significantly higher. There are some Chinese made small balers available on the web, but they sell new for the price of a decent used baler, but like you guys said, the use baler might be too much for my tractor. I'm just dreaming right now anyway, the only open flat ground is swampy and the rest is covered in trees. I am thinking about getting a few truck loads of soil brought in this fall and trying to dry out the swampy area.

For whatever it is worth my tractor powers the Shaver SC-50 34" stump grinder just fine. There are times I wish for a bit more power to take bigger "bites" but it does pretty well.
The DK4710SE shows PTO rating of 33.4HP on the website. Looks to be rated at 2600rpm.

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like a good excuse to get the tractor tuned. 15 more PTO HP would be nice.
Need to find someone with experience with Kioti line of tractors. 15HP jump sounds nice but will the tractor take it when you put the torque to it. That is a considerable jump in output horsepower. Where is the weak link, what is going to break, and how much money and down time are you going to have if something goes wrong? It should be built to take some extra hp, but how much is the question. Might want to look at the higher hp tractors in the same lineup and see if the parts interchange between the models. And then if something breaks will you be fixing yourself or going to dealer. City I deliver to was replacing PTO housing on a tractor basically every year because operators were trying to mow too steep angle and busting it when the shaft didn't have any more travel.

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 298720

4x6’s headed for the barn tonight..
Ethan has that JD sileage a special dialed in..

Those *f-worders are heavy.
Tires aren't squatting enough. You still go room for two more bales stacked that way. If you stack them on end you can be more efficient and carry 12 at a time....

If you do that take some good pictures.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Need to find someone with experience with Kioti line of tractors. 15HP jump sounds nice but will the tractor take it when you put the torque to it. That is a considerable jump in output horsepower. Where is the weak link, what is going to break, and how much money and down time are you going to have if something goes wrong? It should be built to take some extra hp, but how much is the question. Might want to look at the higher hp tractors in the same lineup and see if the parts interchange between the models. And then if something breaks will you be fixing yourself or going to dealer. City I deliver to was replacing PTO housing on a tractor basically every year because operators were trying to mow too steep angle and busting it when the shaft didn't have any more travel.
I have a DK4710SE, the DK6010SE (with the 15 more HP) has the same engine, transmission, chassis, injectors, turbocharger, pistons, etc. Everything is identical aside from the stickers and the ECU mapping. I'm talking to CC Diesel Performance & Tuning LLC out of ND right now as they do tune the larger NX and PX Kioti tractors.

SpaceBus

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Big Farmers you all here, i'am a very very little farmer, only 5 acres i have. mostly Vegetables growing, Runner Ducks and a little Forest.
All for personal use.
That's where I am, just a bit more land. So far just heritage chickens and some alpacas for us.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tires aren't squatting enough. You still go room for two more bales stacked that way. If you stack them on end you can be more efficient and carry 12 at a time....

If you do that take some good pictures.
I’ll get pics of the set up tomorrow...

Gotta go up to Bill’s and pick up last week’s bales.
Ethan has 250 of em we need to poke in the barn.

Should be hauling 17 at a time as long as the ground is hard.

Only the Tony

Yearly GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Almost ready up here... looking forward to themView attachment 298946
I think all ours are done. It usually keeps the mocking birds out of my blueberries but at times they still get some lead poisoning if they don't stay away.

Hedgerow

ONE OF THE GREATEST.....LONG LEGGED MIDGETS
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
View attachment 298986

Got just under 200 picked up today.

That's a lot of hay.
I’d say it was a productive day, but I managed to *s-word all over that idea..

Had a bale drop off the pile in the barn while I was stacking them with the skid steer.
Bounced into my front door on the cab and shattered it..

That’s gonna be spendy...