The All Aussie Hort Wanker Thread

Brewz

Free Range Human in a Tax Farm
Local time
3:41 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My wife calls me a chipmunk, gathering firewood for the winter.
I have it coming out my ears, but I am going to go cut more and stockpile it. If I end up with too much I can always sell it for some quick cash.

My last trip to attack the big logs I will be chopping tomorrow.

IMG_1734 (1632 x 1224).jpg

IMG_1735 (1632 x 1224).jpg

me cutting 1.jpg

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm freaking jealous. I've this humongous (Hell, that's actually a word spellcheck recognises) old log that I've been hacking away at for a couple of years. The rounds are so heavy/dense off the thing that they will flat wear me out trying to move around to noodle, but well worth effort when it comes time to burn them. If I can get a couple of weeks of dry weather I should be good for winter.

bennne

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was wondering when this very thread would start, was only a mater of time, just need to migrate every one over...

MCW

Dolmars kick ass!
Local time
3:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Gypo ya dirty dog! I knew you'd come over here to start trouble. I saw the other day that you were attempting to stalk me (bait me?) over on AS. I cancelled my sponsorship there. Wasn't worth the effort and I had to filter through far too many new dickhead know it alls.
Glad to be here and see a few familiar faces! Won't poke my nose in too often though as I hate chainsaws. They frighten me.

MCW

Dolmars kick ass!
Local time
3:11 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Picture time...

Not sure who the dude is in this big Sugar Gum but he's a nutter who likes beer. His 150T looked a tad small to tackle anything bigger than his fingernails...

Not sure what happened here but this tree fell over...

I threw a 3120 at it...

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A mate of mine is having a few health issues and sent me this email. I thought I would put it on the internet - then tell him where it was published -

"Quack suggested I not rush out and top myself just yet as there is a possible explanation for the particular area of numbness that may not be that serious. The area of my hand that is tingly is that covered solely by the medial nerve (rather than the ulnar nerve) and that nerve goes through a particularly tight passage in the wrist. He said it's not uncommon for it to be compressed in some way and cause those symptoms. He suggested I wait a few days before he starts to think about CT-scanning my head to look for the brain tumours. Meanwhile, since that's my wanking hand, I can pretend I'm having sex with a new partner!!!! *s-word!! Did I say that out loud????"

bennne

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And pieced it up with a new 661
acc7d5172df9f5f2c779d3c093b76944.jpg

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Benne, I bet that was a hoot to cut with sucsuxone, I notice your bar has a black nose...is it a 'mixed race' bar or is that how they come now. We need a thread here, last night I re-read the first 20 odd pages in Terry's & Rich's carb mod thread. It was funny watching Terry having to beat off the know-it-all-noob douche club with a stick constantly as they did not agree that any gains could be had on a carb that was four stroking at wot. The first 5-10 pages Terry put down some very smart informative posts that were long and clever, many of them did not have any 'likes' at the bottom, yet guys that jumped in and stated how stupid they were had many:facepalm:...so I 'liked' everyone of his posts. Sometimes knowing you know nothing can be much smarter than knowing nothing and believing you know everything. That place as much as I like it, frustrates me sometimes.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes it would be, I am a bit carb mad atm, putting bigger venturies on trimmers and playing around with metering springs, tiny drills and JB weld. It becomes a bit addictive when you first hand feel the difference in torque. Randy you often state as philosophy 'I ain't drastically changing anything rather working with what is already there and making it better', that is how I see carb mods. Sure I have had some good results changing out carbs to bigger ones but working with the carb that's factory fitted can net you some big cost effective gains. Good unrestricted carburation leaves more questions in my head than answers cause you start to think 'what if I just.....' to every piece of OPE you own. Its good when you can do it sitting on a couch in front of the TV at night too. The JB weld spills on my wooden coffee table I see as a badge of honor!

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know in the dirtbike scene, some guys fit dividers in their carbs to split/divide airflow in a seach for more low end torque. I notice some of my strato saw carbs have this too either a single horizontal wing divider or a vetical & horizontal divider splitting the stream into four. I know if l take a deep breathe with four straws in my mouth, the airspeed is much faster through the straws than a wide open mouth without them. I kinda figured this would be good for torque as fuel can be drawn from the carb better at low speeds. I know some guys also remove these dividers believing they are epa restricting devices without perhaps understanding why engineers put them there in the first place. I have also read they remove turbulance from the incoming air stream. Would love to hear what Terry thinks about such devices. The oem OPE dividers are inside the venturi, the dividers on bike float carbs extend out the venturi into the filter a little.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
12:41 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well, I probably could have offered an explanation as to why I made that statement. I'm working.......and that makes me throw out short statements.

On the strato carbs the dividers separate the carb into one side that is all air, and another side that has all the fuel passages in it. It's calibrated the pull X amount of fuel metered to X amount of vacuum. If you pull out that divider, then the pressure signal changes dramatically. It's now much lower and not enough fuel is supplied.

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking too that it would be way of keeping a strong signal when applying a larger venturi carb. I put a larger venturi strato carb with single divider on a reed induction older trimmer and it ran like a top. I notice sometimes in modern strato's, they use larger venturi carbs for displacement compared to non strato applications. I know one big problem with the bigger is better mentality with carbs is you can end up with a poor result where you only get a gain when loaded at wot.....I just thought dividers could be a way around this inherrant problem. I must say the stock strato carb with divider worked a lot better than the oem smaller venturi carb that had no divider and it held a strong signal.