The 572XP Update Thread

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d be looking at two things after seeing that. #1 checking to see if your fuel filter is still on the fuel hose and changing the filter. #2 looking in your gas storage can to see if there is debris in it.
I have seen the same thing, almost plugged screens on low hour saws.
My guess is that there was a bad batch of fuel filters. That junk can ruin a main nozzle fast. Way to many main nozzle failures in the past year.
I have seen one on a 572 and several on 562s...

yup, I changed the filter on the put back.
Fuel is VP by the 5 gallon can, so I tend not to think that.

It runs 100% better based on a 1/4 tank. Sat down at steady right idle the whole time. I tried pretty hard to recreate the problem but couldn’t

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just finished up doing a woods port on one of these and getting a few ready for summer season, figured I'd give my two cents worth here.
Cylinder design much improved over similar 562 and 550 versions in the lower transfer port area.(they been peaking again)
Muffler has more open area inside and no restriction to go through as before and has a dimple for gasket sealing.
Air box has ample room and carburetor removal and installation are easy.
Spark plug is a regular size NGK BPMR7A.
Air filter has a nice connection to the elbow adapter.
Ergonomics were on track and felt good in the hands.
Dislikes:
Opening from port into muffler still has the little wing out area next to the bolt holes. This is really not necessary in my opinion the rest of everything fit well to the port other than that.
The starter has a 550 sized pulley on it(same part number) and could have stood to be beefed up for this larger saw.
No grease hole for the drum bearing due to the inboard clutch design I presume. (keep more E clips handy)

Overall the likes win and I really dig this saw in general it seems to be a very good work horse indeed.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot Steve do you belive that Husqvarna is making constant design changes as it learns from the previous mishaps and missteps and incorporates that into their newer builds?

From a QC stand point, are they getting better in catching defects before they leave the production line?

5000+

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
yup, I changed the filter on the put back.
Fuel is VP by the 5 gallon can, so I tend not to think that.

It runs 100% better based on a 1/4 tank. Sat down at steady right idle the whole time. I tried pretty hard to recreate the problem but couldn’t

Even with no fuel filter, 10 tanks?
If not from fuel or your can only thing else is someone is getting alot of dirt in there when the cap is removed or the tank vent filter not there.

M2theB

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Even with no fuel filter, 10 tanks?
If not from fuel or your can only thing else is someone is getting alot of dirt in there when the cap is removed or the tank vent filter not there.

Yeah, not sure where it came from.
Had the filter that came with the saw.
Can I use has had a lot of use but none of the other saw have had an issue and there’s been way more through put than this one.
I did check the vent; previous post in this thread, and it’s there.
The other thing I thought of is it came to me dirty from manufacture whether the tank, lines, or carb.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot Steve do you belive that Husqvarna is making constant design changes as it learns from the previous mishaps and missteps and incorporates that into their newer builds?

From a QC stand point, are they getting better in catching defects before they leave the production line?

Yes I do. The newest 562's for example are nothing like the old ones. I also believe/know they look at what people do to their products to make them better as they do have their saws ported by folks every now and then as well.
As far as QC on the production line I have no idea what is going on there, other than some effort was supposed to be implemented in that area, what actually transpired I can't know. With the advance of automation, some things are bound to slip by now and then, what's done about it when it's found out is what will define them as a company. Which leads us to dealer's that are from one end of the spectrum to the other and all in between, I could go on for fifty more pages on that alone, all I can say is find a good one and give him/her your business.

John7478

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sum bish. Ive looked at getting a 572 quite a few times and I always talk myself out of it because I hate the outboard clutch on my 562's with a passion. It never hit me that they were an inboard... IMO BIG bonus for this saw
I thought you were a Stihl guy

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Born and bread stihl.. But the new 5 series huskies are pretty nice lol
Theyre all pretty good at this point, every brand has a couple duds at some point. Modern saws are just much nicer to use, the new stihls and huskies. Super smooth.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I really liked my stock 572, but I love my ported 572. It feels lighter than it is, and it balances very well. Even after porting, I find that fuel consumption is still really good. For cutting firewood, it is fun to run the 20” lightweight bar, 8 pin sprocket, and one of Mr. Sausage’s square ground chains. The thing is a laser beam through both hard and softwood.

ZERO

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The builders that have worked on these saws, the gas vent hack, is this still an issue or has that been fixed by the factory? Just wondering if this has to be done to correct the extra fuel a ported saw needs VS some kind of a restrictive venting that would starve a stock saw.

farminkarman

I like the red & black ones
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The builders that have worked on these saws, the gas vent hack, is this still an issue or has that been fixed by the factory? Just wondering if this has to be done to correct the extra fuel a ported saw needs VS some kind of a restrictive venting that would starve a stock saw.
I am assuming it is still an issue as I had to do it with mine and I got mine late last year. @Mastermind can probably give you an answer.